Creating Level Plots with Raw Data in R

• Thread starter ProPatto16
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Plots
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the program R for creating level plots, which are essentially 2D contour plots without lines. The speaker has been searching for tutorials on how to use the program with raw data, but has not been successful. They are looking for guidance or resources on how to use the program, as they have never used it before. Eventually, the speaker figures out how to use the program and thanks the others for their assistance.
ProPatto16
I'm doing some data analysis for a research project.
Using the program R I'm trying to create level plots. Essentially 2D contour plots without the lines.

I've trawled the Internet and tutorials for days and can only find tutorials that use data from a package. I have the raw data, x, y and z coordinates. I want to create level plots using the raw data.

Can someone please walk me through the steps to use this program? Or point me to a good resource. I've never used the program before either btw. In the deep end.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Not heard of the program myself but google found...

http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=rugs:r_user_groups

it sounds like it might be possible to graph it in Excel?

Last edited by a moderator:
All good I worked it out (: thanks

Related to Creating Level Plots with Raw Data in R

1. What is R and how can it be used to create level plots?

R is a programming language and software environment used for statistical computing and graphics. It can be used to create various types of plots, including level plots, which are useful for visualizing data that is measured on a grid or matrix.

2. How do I import raw data into R for creating level plots?

To import raw data into R, you can use the read.table() function, which allows you to read data from a text file or a URL. You can also use the read.csv() function for importing data from a CSV file.

3. What are the necessary steps for creating a level plot in R?

To create a level plot in R, you need to first import your data into R and then use the levelplot() function from the lattice package. You will also need to specify the variables you want to plot and any other desired parameters, such as color scheme and labels.

4. Can I customize the appearance of my level plot in R?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your level plot in R by using various parameters in the levelplot() function. You can change the color scheme, add a legend, adjust the axis labels and titles, and more.

5. Are there any alternative packages for creating level plots in R?

Yes, there are several alternative packages for creating level plots in R, such as ggplot2, plotly, and ggvis. Each package has its own set of functions and features, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.