Creating a Time Table with LaTeX

In summary, the conversation is about creating a time table using Latex and the speaker has three questions about formatting and alignment. They are also directed to a user group for help.
EngWiPy
Hi,

I am trying to do a time table as in the following code:

Code:
\documentclass[a4paper]{report}
\usepackage{lscape}
\usepackage{multirow}
\usepackage{bigstrut}
\usepackage{array}
\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\pagestyle{empty}  
\begin{landscape}
\begin{tabular}{*{11}{| m{1.5cm} |}}
\cline{3-11}
& & \multicolumn{9}{|c|}{Week}\\\cline{3-11}
  &            & Week 1 & Week 2 & Week 3 & Week 4 & Week 5 &Week 6& Week 7 & Week 8 & Week 9 \\\cline{1-11}
              \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{\multirow{4}{*}{Course}} & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{Course 1} &  &  &  & & &  & & &\\\cline{2-11}

& \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{Course 2} & &  & &  & &  &  &  &\\\cline{2-11}
              & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{Course 3} &  &  &  &  &  &  &  &  &\\\cline{2-11}
               & \multicolumn{1}{|c|}{Course 4} &  & &  &  &  &  &  & &\\\cline{1-11}
\end{tabular}
\end{landscape}
\end{document}

and I have some questions:

1- How to make the area over the first two columns completely blank?
2- How to align the writing in each cell to the center of the cell and maintaining the tabular argument above? I need the effect of |c| and |m{}| together.
3- Why is there double lines between columns?!

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Creating a Time Table with LaTeX

1. How can I create a time table using LaTeX?

To create a time table with LaTeX, you will need to use the tabular environment. This allows you to create a table with multiple rows and columns. You can also use packages such as booktabs to improve the design of your table.

2. How do I add time slots to my time table?

To add time slots to your time table, you can use the \multicolumn command. This allows you to merge multiple columns into one, which can be useful for displaying time slots in a table.

3. Can I customize the appearance of my time table?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your time table by using LaTeX commands such as \hline for horizontal lines and \cline for partial lines. You can also use packages like colortbl to add color to your table.

4. How can I add notes or descriptions to my time table?

To add notes or descriptions to your time table, you can use the caption command. This allows you to add a label and a caption to your table, which can be used to provide additional information or context.

5. Can I import data from other sources into my time table?

Yes, you can import data from other sources into your time table by using the \input command. This allows you to include data from external files, such as spreadsheets, into your LaTeX document and use it to create your time table.