Create a physics problem for me!

silento
Homework Statement
Hello! Using concepts of physics 1 like kinamatics, dynamics, circular motion, pressure, newton's laws. Make me a physics question that needs basic calculus like integrals and derivaties to solve!
Relevant Equations
-
Hello! Using concepts of physics 1 like kinamatics, dynamics, circular motion, pressure, newton's laws. Make me a physics question that needs basic calculus like integrals and derivaties to solve!

Physics news on Phys.org
We are not in the business of making up problems. Do you know how to use the Internet?

Likes MatinSAR and BvU
Irodov has lots of good problems!

Likes MatinSAR, PhDeezNutz and silento
There’s a classical mechanics problem that is simple to state but can be hard depending on how you go about it. It has elements of Newton's gravitation, orbits, dynamics and kinamatics.

Prove that an object originating in deep space falling toward the earth will take 9/11 of the time of fall to travel half the distance.

It’s from the book Classical Dynamics by Marion in Chapter 5 problem 5-5 on page 205.

Basically you have to relate the distance to time but newtons gravitation law gives the acceleration based on distance.

One could do this problem numerically with python or some other programming language which would introduce you to computer modeling in a small domain.

One prof told us to use the Kepler equal areas in equal times law and consider the object is orbiting the earth in an elliptical orbit and just collapse the orbit ie minor axis goes to zero.

Since the thread has been answered as best as can be, it will remain closed.

Jedi

Related to Create a physics problem for me!

1. How can I create a physics problem that is both challenging and educational?

One way to create a challenging and educational physics problem is to incorporate real-world applications or scenarios into the problem. This can help students see the practical implications of the physics concepts they are learning and make the problem more engaging.

2. What are some tips for creating a physics problem that is solvable but not too easy?

To create a physics problem that is solvable but not too easy, you can consider adding multiple steps or variables to the problem. This can require students to think critically and apply a variety of physics concepts to arrive at the correct solution.

3. How can I ensure that the physics problem I create aligns with the learning objectives of my course?

To ensure that the physics problem you create aligns with the learning objectives of your course, you can carefully review the concepts and skills that you want students to demonstrate. You can then tailor the problem to specifically address those objectives and assess students' understanding of the material.

4. Are there any resources or tools that can help me create physics problems more efficiently?

There are several resources and tools available online that can help you create physics problems more efficiently. Some options include problem generators, physics problem banks, and physics simulation software that can assist you in developing engaging and effective problems for your students.

5. How can I make sure that the physics problem I create is clear and easy to understand for students?

To ensure that the physics problem you create is clear and easy to understand for students, you can include detailed instructions, diagrams, and examples to help guide them through the problem-solving process. Additionally, you can consider testing the problem with a small group of students to gather feedback and make any necessary revisions before assigning it to the entire class.