Need Help Resizing GIF for Avatar? Get Expert Assistance Here!

• Thread starter Another God
  • Start date
In summary, the person does not have any graphics editing programs which allow them to resize the GIF without removing its animation properties. The person would greatly appreciate it if someone could do this for them.
Another God
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I don't have any graphics editing programs which allow me to resize the Gif I have into 64 x 64 without removing its animation properties.

This is the original image:
seye.gif

...if someone could please download that, edit it into 64 x 64 for me, then upload it to the server again, then I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Could go to www.neosoftware.com,[/URL]
download the trial program,
and play with it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
surely it would be easier to have someone else do it for me :frown:

Sure would ... But it ain't me, Babe.
**** With credit to Bob Dylan ****

Damn thing will only make the first frame 64 x 64. Stupid.

:smile:

Attachments

• seye.gif
    seye.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 600
Originally posted by kyleb
:smile:
And just what is THAT supposed to mean?!

Hi there,

Here is the resized version. To maintain the aspect ratio it is resized down to 64x47 not 64x64. Inter-frame delay is 0.1 s except for the first frame which has a 1 s delay.

It is the usual trend with all simple image viewer/editor software (not for giants like Photoshop/ImageReady, but then they're expensive) that they don't edit all of the frames of an animated GIF (GIF89a) or a multi-page JPEG or TIFF. They also don't save any multi-page formats although they always save GIF89a single-page despite the fact that GIF89a was designed to offer small bandwidth-affordable animations on the web. It was made to be multi-page. This way you have to buy a GIF Animator, too, something like Microsoft GIF Animator or Ulead GIF Animator. That's a dirty trick. Even ACDSee PowerPack Suite (which must have much power) plays this trick on its customers.

Attachments

• ag_avatar.gif
    ag_avatar.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
YAY! Thanks Manuel!

Originally posted by Another God
And just what is THAT supposed to mean?!

i attached the file, could you not see it?

btw, its is 64x64 like you asked for; i considered doing what Manuel_Silvio did, but i suppose now you have a selection.

actually, funny enough, I couldn't see either of the attachments before. Now I can see both.

Strange. Meh. Whatever. Happy now, and thanks heaps.

...now to see which proportion looks better...

seye.gif

hahaha, all these rolling eyes... I'm getting dizzy!
seye.gif

ya, it didn't show up for me either when i posted actually. but i edited/deleted my post 3 times and each time the edit page said the attachment was there i just assumed it was because i was the one who posted it so obviously i don't need it. but it shows now, odd stuff.

it seems immage posteings are working too now, i tried the other day and it just made a link instead.

http://www.sunflower.com/~jfrost/horizen2.gif [Broken]

hows that for dizzy.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is an avatar?

An avatar is a digital representation of a person or character, often used in online games or virtual worlds.

Why would someone need help with their avatar?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone may need help with their avatar. They may be having technical difficulties, need assistance customizing their avatar's appearance, or have questions about using their avatar in a specific game or platform.

How can someone help with my avatar?

There are several ways someone can help with your avatar. They may be able to provide technical support, offer tips for customizing your avatar, or guide you through using your avatar in a specific game or platform.

Is it common for people to ask for help with their avatars?

Yes, it is common for people to ask for help with their avatars, especially in online gaming communities. Many people are new to using avatars and may need assistance navigating the technical aspects or understanding how to use them in different contexts.

Where can I find help with my avatar?

There are many places where you can find help with your avatar. You can ask for assistance in online forums or communities dedicated to the specific game or platform you are using. You can also reach out to friends or acquaintances who are experienced with using avatars. Additionally, many games and platforms have built-in support or help features for avatars.