Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Country flags' proportion

Are you happy with the unusual aspect ratio of the current country flags?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I would like a more normal aspect ratio, like 2:3

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The question is a little biased, isn't it? I'm all for polls, but the word "unusual" is a little unfair in my opinion. If you or anyone else can find a better set of flags then I am more than happy to replace the current set.

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
The question is a little biased, isn't it? I'm all for polls, but the word "unusual" is a little unfair in my opinion. If you or anyone else can find a better set of flags then I am more than happy to replace the current set.
I quote CB from a sister thread:

Of course waving flags of more normal proportions do exist (as on the Fountain Pen Network), but I think these look better.

CB
Since CB says that flags of more normal proportions exist, I guess he too thinks that the current flags have unusual proportions.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm not disputing that, I was just commenting on your word choice. In the end it's not that important I suppose. Once more, it's probably better just to find a different set of flags and vote on them than to vote on the idea of having new flags.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I quote CB from a sister thread:

Since CB says that flags of more normal proportions exist, I guess he too thinks that the current flags have unusual proportions.
In the post where I say waving flags of more normal proportion exist, I also say that I prefer the flags we have now.

CB

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
I think it's okay, but perhaps if the width is increased a little bit, it'd be cool, but as seen, it's okay.

Amer

Mar 1, 2012
Yes

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012
Why are you making it such a big issue? It's a bloody flag, not an integral part of the forum.

It's even animated, and you actually get to see more of the flag than those tiny ones on MHF.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill regarding this, honestly.

Krizalid

Feb 9, 2012
He's not treating it as a big issue, it's just a small nice feature. At least to me it's great to see the people helping all over the world.