Can Anything Really Be Proven?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: So in summation, the person who is trying to disprove something by providing an example of something that can be proven without any assumptions is likely deficient in logic themselves.
Originally posted by chroot
I agree entirely! Mentat, I suppose you're around on pf as much as you are because you get a lot of intellectual stimulation here that you don't get elsewhere? So maybe we here at pf are all helping to mold you into a terrible monst... er... a well-rounded intellectual. I'm curious, as a mentor and educator -- how much do you think you've gained from pf?

I've gained tremendously, IMO. Not only does this site provide intellectual stimulation, and lots of education on very difficult topics, it also provides lots of external resources so that I know what to read to learn more about what I'm interested in.

p.s. I remember Mentat's parents punished him once by limiting his access to pf! :rofl:

- Warren

Yeah, now they know that this is the worst punishment they can possibly give me (except, perhaps, taking away reading altogether )...well, I've been a good kid at home ever since :wink:.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by russ_watters
So... we're like TV and soda?

I don't drink soda and rarely watch TV...but, yeah, I guess you're right...this is my recreation, my fun.