Correcting a 2 x 3 Factorial ANOVA Chart

In summary, the data from this experiment were examined using a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA. The results are presented in the following table.
MWR
Have I completed this 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart correctly?

A sample of ¬N = 36 is recruited to participate in a study about speech errors. The researchers believe that there is an interaction between whether the speaker is distracted (distracted or not distracted) and the difficulty of the speech they’re asked to present (low, medium, or high) on the number of speech errors. They hypothesize that the participants who are distracted who have a high difficulty speech will make the most errors. The data from this experiment were examined using a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA. The results are presented in the following summary table.

Source SS df MS F

Between Treat. 39.2 5
Factor A 11.2 1 11.2 Fa = 4.00
Factor B 20 2 10 Fb = 5
AxB 8 2 4 Faxb = 2
Within Treat. 84 30 2.8
Total 123.2 35Thanks in advance for your help,

Ryan

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the format.
MWR said:
Have I completed this 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart correctly?

A sample of ¬N = 36 is recruited to participate in a study about speech errors. The researchers believe that there is an interaction between whether the speaker is distracted (distracted or not distracted) and the difficulty of the speech they’re asked to present (low, medium, or high) on the number of speech errors. They hypothesize that the participants who are distracted who have a high difficulty speech will make the most errors. The data from this experiment were examined using a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA. The results are presented in the following summary table.

Source SS df MS F

Between Treat. 39.2 5
Factor A 11.2 1 11.2 Fa = 4.00
Factor B 20 2 10 Fb = 5
AxB 8 2 4 Faxb = 2
Within Treat. 84 30 2.8
Total 123.2 35Thanks in advance for your help,

Ryan

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi there. Can you try putting this info into a table? That will make it easier for us to read. Click on this button. View attachment 3576

With ANOVA tables it's all about making sure everything adds up, especially the degrees of freedom. I'll do my best to look it over when it's readable. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 8.26.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 8.26.03 PM.png
    661 bytes · Views: 58
Unfortunately, I am unable to view your picture. Also, I am not able to upload a .docx file either.

Jameson said:
Hi there. Can you try putting this info into a table? That will make it easier for us to read. Click on this button. View attachment 3576

With ANOVA tables it's all about making sure everything adds up, especially the degrees of freedom. I'll do my best to look it over when it's readable. :)

That's weird that you can't see my picture. Are you using a phone or tablet maybe?

Anyway, click the first button on the fourth row all the way to the left. It looks grid like.

Here is an example of a table.

AB
CD

Jameson, perhaps the OP assumed there was an image to view by clicking the image you posted.

MWR, Jameson is referring to the following button on our toolbar:

View attachment 3578

Click that button and it will allow you to define a table for presenting your data. :D

Attachments

• table-button.png
    table-button.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 53

Related to Correcting a 2 x 3 Factorial ANOVA Chart

What is a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart?

A 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart is a statistical tool used to analyze the effects of two independent variables on a continuous dependent variable. It consists of a grid with two rows and three columns, representing the two independent variables and their levels. The cells of the grid contain the mean values of the dependent variable for each combination of the independent variables.

How do you interpret a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart?

To interpret a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart, you need to look at the main effects and interaction effects. The main effects indicate the overall effect of each independent variable on the dependent variable. The interaction effects show how the two independent variables interact with each other to affect the dependent variable. Additionally, you can look at the significance level of the F-tests to determine if the effects are statistically significant.

What does it mean if the main effects are significant in a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart?

If the main effects are significant, it means that each independent variable has a significant effect on the dependent variable. This means that there is a difference in the means of the dependent variable across the levels of each independent variable. However, it does not tell us anything about the interaction between the two variables.

What does it mean if the interaction effects are significant in a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart?

If the interaction effects are significant, it means that the two independent variables interact with each other to affect the dependent variable. This means that the effect of one variable on the dependent variable depends on the level of the other variable. In other words, the effect of one independent variable is not consistent across all levels of the other variable.

What are the assumptions for using a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart?

The assumptions for using a 2 x 3 factorial ANOVA chart are similar to those for a regular ANOVA, including normality, homogeneity of variance, and independence of observations. Additionally, there should be no significant interaction between the two independent variables and no extreme outliers. It is also important to have a sufficient sample size for each combination of independent variable levels to ensure the validity of the results.

Back