Cool feelings where are you from

• Thread starter yan-cha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool
In summary, the speaker made mistakes and got burnt by accidentally touching a hot but soft iron bar. They went to see a doctor who gave them capsules and treated the burn with a cooling cream, possibly a corticosteroid cream. The speaker also mentions that some creams and gels for burns contain substances that give a cooling sensation or act as topical anesthetics, but do not actually treat the burn.
yan-cha
Yes , I made mistakes because I couldn't recognize the two iron bars,
and mistakenly laid my hand on a hot but soft one, got burnt a little but its okay for me though, since we all can immediately draw our hand back in such situations. I came to see my doctor right then and he gave me some capsules too. I found that when I let him see my burn, he gently rubbed on it with a kind of cream I am sorry i forgot to ask what its name was. but surely it felt very cool.

Could you tell me why he did that ? I had such a cool feeling because of the fact that I burnt with hot soft bar which increased the blood cell concentrations on the burnt surface and the cream is at normal temperature ?

Thanks a lot

Biology news on Phys.org
Its probably something that can absorb a lot of heat, like... water.

I doubt that the cream was actually to absorb heat; the burned skin would no longer be hot only a few seconds after removing your hand from the heat source.

It was probably a corticosteroid cream (hydrocortisone or prednisone) to reduce inflammation.

- Warren

Some creams and gels intended for burns give a cooling sensation to the skin for a short time because they contain volatile substances that evaporate quickly (often menthol), thus carrying away heat with it. Some stuff sold for things like sunburn contain alcohols, but that can be drying when you need more moisture, so isn't very good for burns. These compounds would feel cool applied on any part of your skin, not just the burned area. Others contain some anesthetics (lidocaine, procaine, etc...look for a word ending in -caine as a possible topical anesthetic) that will numb the area slightly to take away the burning sensation. None of this does anything to treat the burn, just makes it comfortable while either allowing it to heal on its own (if it is a mild, first degree burn, you don't need to do anything for it) or while treating it with some topical antibiotics to prevent infection if it is a deeper burn that is at risk of becoming infected.

Related to Cool feelings where are you from

1. What are "cool feelings" and where do they come from?

"Cool feelings" refer to the sensation of feeling cool or cold, and they can come from various sources such as the environment, physical touch, or emotions. The feeling of coolness is caused by a decrease in temperature on the skin, which triggers nerve endings to send signals to the brain.

2. Can cool feelings be harmful to the body?

In most cases, cool feelings are harmless and can even be beneficial for the body. Feeling cool can help regulate body temperature and cool down the body during hot weather or physical activity. However, extreme or prolonged exposure to cold temperatures can lead to hypothermia and other health issues.

3. How do cool feelings affect our mood and emotions?

Cool feelings can have a significant impact on our mood and emotions. Studies have shown that feeling cool can help reduce stress and anxiety, as well as improve feelings of alertness and focus. On the other hand, feeling too cold for an extended period can lead to negative emotions such as irritability and discomfort.

4. Are there any health benefits associated with experiencing cool feelings?

Yes, there are several health benefits associated with cool feelings. Feeling cool can help improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation, and even boost the immune system. Cool temperatures can also improve sleep quality and promote relaxation.

5. How can we control cool feelings?

Cool feelings can be controlled by adjusting our environment, such as wearing appropriate clothing or adjusting the thermostat. Practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, can also help regulate the body's response to cool temperatures. It is essential to listen to our body's signals and find a balance between feeling comfortably cool and avoiding extreme cold temperatures.