Converting XG-NV2U LCD Projector to SLM

In summary, the conversation is about a person attempting to convert an old Sharp XG-NV2U LCD Projector into a spatial light modulator. They are having trouble interfacing the panels with the computer and cannot get any changes on the screen regardless of what they are trying to send to the panel. They are seeking suggestions for a solution.
knb2890
I am currently trying to convert an old Sharp XG-NV2U LCD Projector into a spatial light modulator, and have gotten stuck. The panels don't seem to be interfacing with the computer anymore, which is a problem since I want to use them to project diffraction gratings. Using two polarizing lenses, I have blocked out all light when the projector is off, and then when I turn it back on light is transmitted. So a voltage is getting through, but I can't get any changes regardless of what I am trying to send to the panel (black screen, white screen, stripes, checkers...).
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi and welcome to PF.
Could we have some more details?
Doesn't a normal data projector consist of a light source, followed by a SLM? I don't understand how you want to "project" a diffraction grating. You can project an image but not a grating. The grating can be formed on the panel inside the projector but how can an image of that grating do any 'diffracting' when it's on a screen? I am confused at the moment.

Related to Converting XG-NV2U LCD Projector to SLM

1. How do I convert my XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM?

To convert your XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM, you will need to purchase a separate SLM (Spatial Light Modulator) device and connect it to your projector through the HDMI or VGA port. Once connected, you will need to adjust the settings on your projector to recognize the SLM device.

2. What is the benefit of converting my XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM?

Converting your XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM allows you to achieve higher contrast and better image quality. SLM technology can also improve the brightness and color accuracy of your projected images.

3. Can I use any SLM device to convert my XG-NV2U LCD projector?

No, not all SLM devices are compatible with the XG-NV2U LCD projector. It is important to check the specifications and compatibility of the SLM device before purchasing.

4. Is converting my XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM a difficult process?

The process of converting your XG-NV2U LCD projector to SLM can vary depending on the SLM device and your level of technical expertise. It is recommended to carefully follow the instructions provided by the SLM device manufacturer to ensure a successful conversion.

5. Can I revert my XG-NV2U LCD projector back to its original state after converting it to SLM?

Yes, you can easily revert your XG-NV2U LCD projector back to its original state by disconnecting the SLM device and adjusting the settings on your projector. However, it is important to note that this may require some technical knowledge and could potentially void your warranty.