Converting Units: Microvolts to Volts and Picoseconds to Seconds

In summary, the conversation revolves around converting units of measurement, specifically microvolts and picoseconds. The person asking the question is struggling to focus due to lack of sleep. The expert provides a simple explanation for the conversions and reassures the person that their calculations are correct. The conversation also briefly touches on converting femtometers to meters, with the expert confirming the person's conversion.
I'm

Homework Statement

Would 85 uV (Micro) be 8.5 x 10^-5 V ?

And would 600ps be 6x 10^-10 S ?
Ehhh I haven't slept in weeks, I just can't focus.

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I used the fact that 1u = 1x 10 ^-6 and then I used 1V/1000000uV x (85 uV)
and for the other one I used 1p/1000000000000ps x (600ps)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
well, yes.

Go get some rest. Physics isn't meant for tired brains.

Are my calculations right?

Simply replace miu with x10^-6, p with x10^-12, and you're done! I don't really understand your need for fractions and long lists of zeroes (although it works out to be correct)

OH ! WOW !

I understand, thanks so much. I guess I knew it but I just need the words to make me realize.

Thanks so much !

So, just to make sure I understand.

I want to convert 22.5 fm into m.

So I used 1 fm= 1x10^-15 x 22.5 and I got 2.25 x10^-14Correct?

That's right =)

Related to Converting Units: Microvolts to Volts and Picoseconds to Seconds

1. What is a "stupid measurement question"?

A "stupid measurement question" refers to a question that is poorly thought out or lacks scientific validity. It may be based on incorrect assumptions or irrelevant information.

2. Why is it important to avoid asking "stupid measurement questions"?

Asking "stupid measurement questions" can lead to inaccurate or unreliable data, which can compromise the validity of a scientific study or experiment. It is important to carefully consider the relevance and validity of any questions in order to obtain accurate results.

3. Can a "stupid measurement question" be unintentional?

Yes, a "stupid measurement question" can be unintentional. It may be a result of a lack of understanding or awareness of scientific principles. This is why it is important for scientists to constantly evaluate and refine their questions to ensure they are valid and relevant.

4. How can one avoid asking "stupid measurement questions"?

To avoid asking "stupid measurement questions," it is important to have a clear understanding of the scientific principles and concepts underlying the question. Researchers should also carefully consider the relevance and validity of their questions before conducting any experiments or studies.

5. Are there any resources available to help avoid asking "stupid measurement questions"?

Yes, there are several resources available to help avoid asking "stupid measurement questions." These include scientific journals, textbooks, and other reputable sources that provide information on scientific principles and best practices for conducting research. Additionally, consulting with other scientists or seeking feedback from colleagues can also help in avoiding "stupid measurement questions."