Help with Physics Problem: Real-World Application

• Thread starter love2004
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses how learning Physics in class can be applied to real-world situations. Examples such as understanding the color of the sky and the movement of clouds, as well as using equations to explain phenomena like pendulum clocks and motorcycle mechanics, demonstrate the practicality of Physics. The conversation also mentions the potential for endless examples of how Physics can be applied in daily life.
love2004
To Whom It May Concern:

Please help me or give me some ideas on this PHYSICS problem:

1. Give an example of how Physics you learned in the class helps you to understand something that occur in the real world.

Thanks in advancẹ

BT.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics that i learned in class has helped explain why the sky is blue, why clouds stay in the sky and what causes the Aurora Borealis (if that's how it is spelt)

...just for a few of examples, I am sure a lot of people would agree that the list is endless.

Hello

thanks for replying to my post...I'm thinking of why human's body flow on the river if a human's body found dead after 2 days...but I don't know how to show it through physics calculations. if you could help me thanks.

I'd go for something that can easily be simplified and demonstrated by a quick calculation, for example why pendulum clocks keep the time:

You can use the equation for a pendulum in simple harmonic motion:

[tex]T = 2\pi\sqrt{\frac{l}{g}}[/tex]

Where T is the period (the time taken to complete 1 oscillation), l is the length of the string and g is accelration due to gravity (-9.81 ms-2.

You can then say that the period is not dependent on the amplitude of the oscialltion (demonstrated by the equation) and though it will be dampened by friction you can assume that the oscillator will be isochoronous and the period will remain constant, dependent only on the length of the string used.

Physics taught me how to do the electrics on my motorcycle, how changing the ignition affects the running of it, how adjusting the suspension helps it handle, how changing the exhaust length changes the power curve, how smoothing the passageways increases the power, how the acceleration is affected by my mass, how airflow affects the cooling, etc etc...

What is the purpose of real-world application in physics problems?

The purpose of real-world application in physics problems is to connect theoretical concepts with practical situations. By applying physics principles to real-life scenarios, we can better understand and predict the behavior of physical systems.

Can you provide an example of a real-world application in a physics problem?

One example of a real-world application in a physics problem is calculating the trajectory of a projectile, such as a basketball being thrown into a hoop. This involves using principles of motion and gravity to determine the path of the object.

How does understanding real-world applications improve our understanding of physics?

Understanding real-world applications allows us to see how physics principles are at work in everyday situations. This can help us grasp the relevance and importance of these concepts, as well as develop a deeper understanding of how they apply to different scenarios.

What are some common challenges when applying physics to real-world problems?

One common challenge is dealing with the complexity and variability of real-life situations, which may involve multiple variables and factors that can affect the outcome. Another challenge is finding accurate and reliable data to use in calculations and experiments.

How can real-world applications of physics be used in other fields or industries?

Real-world applications of physics can be used in a wide range of fields and industries, such as engineering, medicine, and environmental science. For example, understanding the principles of fluid dynamics can help in designing more efficient airplanes, or understanding the properties of light can aid in developing medical imaging technologies.