Reloaded (warning: semi-spoilers)

• Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
In summary: Originally posted by Morpheus In summary, The Matrix Reloaded had some good action and a decent story, but some scenes dragged on too long and the music was poorly chosen.
Dissident Dan
I was slightly disappointed with The Matrix: Reloaded.

WTF was with that big rave orgy? Orgies are nice and all, but it just didn't fit and was pointless.

Also, I got rather sick of the vague way in which people spoke...not only vague, but nonsensical. I just wanted to say "Say something that makes sense, damnit!".

If I lived in the Matrix's world, I would think that Morpheus is a frickin' wacko.

The action was very entertaining. Top notch. However, I wondered how people who could move fastly enough to dodge bullets would be fighting at speeds that the human eye can see.

The way that stuff happens in The Matrix is too organic. It's a computer simulation. People can't form magical computer connections with sentinels. And how is it that a program can take over your body through interacting with you in the simulation, rather than sending commands over the network?

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, so what's the coolest part and how does it end?

I was disappointed in the timing of some of the scenes.

There were some fight scenes which were just dragging on forever without going anywhere (If you saw the movie, you know which one I'm talking about), and then there were scenes where the dialog was just going on and on and on.

I'll second the sentiment about the dance.

I'm still impressed by the movie, though. Not as revolutionary as the first was, but what are you to expect?

I really like the movie, and about the orgy, it makes perfect sense why they were engaging in that. Increasing your manpower makes sense right?

There is one thing I don't understand, why do they want to break free from the Matrix? Life inside of the matrix looks better to me than the one outside of it..

Originally posted by Monique
I really like the movie, and about the orgy, it makes perfect sense why they were engaging in that. Increasing your manpower makes sense right?

There is one thing I don't understand, why do they want to break free from the Matrix? Life inside of the matrix looks better to me than the one outside of it..

They are slaves, and are being used as energy sources for artificial life-forms that want to destroy Zion; why shouldn't they want to escape?

P.S. What orgy? I missed about the first 5 minutes of the movie, so I might have missed what you are talking about.

Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
OK, so what's the coolest part and how does it end?

You'll have to go watch it.

It's not really an orgy, just a big dance/rave thing.

I think the movie lacked impact in it's poor choice of music for most of the action. The fight scene where Neo takes on many Smiths is one of the most glaring examples.

Overall, it was a good movie, the story is not bad. I especially liked the guy who played "the source".

Originally posted by Monique

I've been saying that for a few months now. Why should I care if you use my body for a power source if it doesn't bother my experiences?

1. What is the plot of "Reloaded"?

"Reloaded" is the second installment in the Matrix trilogy and follows the story of Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity as they continue their fight against the machines in a simulated reality known as the Matrix. The film explores themes of free will, destiny, and the consequences of choice.

2. How does "Reloaded" differ from the first Matrix film?

While the first Matrix film focused on the characters discovering and understanding the true nature of the Matrix, "Reloaded" delves deeper into the complex world and its inhabitants. It also introduces new characters and expands on the mythology of the Matrix universe.

3. Are there any major spoilers in "Reloaded"?

Yes, there are some major plot twists and revelations in "Reloaded" that may be considered spoilers for those who have not seen the film. It is best to watch the first Matrix film before diving into "Reloaded" to fully understand and appreciate the story.

4. How does "Reloaded" set up the third Matrix film, "Revolutions"?

"Reloaded" sets up the finale of the trilogy by raising the stakes and introducing new conflicts and challenges for the characters to overcome. It also foreshadows the ultimate showdown between Neo and the machines in the third film.

5. What are some notable themes explored in "Reloaded"?

"Reloaded" delves into themes of control, power, and the blurred lines between reality and illusion. It also examines the concept of choice and the repercussions of one's actions. Additionally, the film touches on the idea of sacrifice and the lengths one will go to for the greater good.