Don't think George it's dangerous

• News
  • Thread starter Laser Eyes
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the belief that Syria possesses chemical weapons, which is a concerning statement coming from the U.S. president. The conversation also touched on other topics such as the state of the world, education, and the use of language by political figures.
Laser Eyes
"I think we believe that Syria has chemical weapons."

Not the most confidence-building statement you would hope for from the U.S. president.

Physics news on Phys.org
"I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher! "

all the way george!

We can put that one up there with Bushisms such as "Saddam Hussein terrorizes himself" and "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." :smile:

Syria does have chemical weapons though: http://cns.miis.edu/research/cbw/possess.htm . As they are not a signatory to the Chemical Weapons Convention, this is completely legal. (the USA also has chemical weapons.)

That's enough to justify overthrowing their government, you know. As long as they don't have nukes.

What does "Don't think George it's dangerous" mean?

The phrase "Don't think George it's dangerous" is a warning to not overthink or analyze a situation because it may lead to danger. It is often used as a reminder to trust one's instincts and make decisions without hesitation.

Where did the phrase "Don't think George it's dangerous" originate?

The origin of the phrase is unclear, but it is believed to have originated from an old British Army saying, "Don't think, act!" or "Don't think, just do!" The name "George" may have been added for rhyming purposes or as a reference to King George III who was known for his impulsive decision-making.

How is the phrase "Don't think George it's dangerous" used in scientific research?

In scientific research, the phrase may be used as a reminder to not overthink or overanalyze data or experiments. It encourages scientists to trust their intuition and make decisions based on their knowledge and experience.

Are there any potential negative effects of following the advice "Don't think George it's dangerous"?

While the phrase can be useful in certain situations, it is important to note that in some cases, overthinking and analysis can be beneficial. It is important to strike a balance between relying on instincts and using critical thinking skills in decision-making.

How can one incorporate the message of "Don't think George it's dangerous" into their daily life?

The phrase can serve as a reminder to not let fear or overthinking hold one back from taking risks or making decisions. It can also be used as a reminder to trust one's intuition and not second guess oneself. However, it is important to also consider the potential risks and consequences before acting impulsively.