Considering buying this computer monitor, your thoughts?

In summary, the conversation discusses a computer monitor with concerns about its low number of reviews and its price compared to similar models. The group suggests looking for more reviews on Amazon and Newegg, but ultimately advises trusting one's own eyes when it comes to choosing a monitor.
RJLiberator
Gold Member
Here is the computer monitor in question: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-25-led-hd-monitor-black/7503012.p?id=1219679624841&skuId=7503012

Here are my concerns:

1. It only has 5 reviews. All 5 of them are perfect 5/5, which is nice, but it only has 5 reviews in comparision to the 100+ reviews other similar products have.
2. It's a 25" screen, but on sale for $80. Compared to similarly priced models, this deal is the best that Best Buy is offering.My concern here is this, I want to buy this one, but the skeptic in me is making sure that something isn't going on here. Why are these 2 points sticking out to me?

Thank you for any help and thoughts.

Computer science news on Phys.org
look it up in Amazon to get more reviews to read.

Likes RJLiberator
Another good source for reviews is newegg.com

Likes RJLiberator
What they said. And LCD/LED computer monitors are a near perfected technology. If buying a big brand, it will almost certainly be worthwhile. Just shop for price and buy from a well known store with a warranty.

Likes RJLiberator
Excellent. Thanks for the comments friends, that quells my curiosity.

Several years ago I extensively researched some large [~24"] monitors and their reviews and arrived at a candidate list - all by well established companies with decent mfr warranties. I happened by a Best Buy shortly thereafter and they had most of my candidate monitors on display. They all proved a bit disappointing - washed out colors, weak resolution, choppiness, etc. Nearby was another by a lesser known mfr that stood out from the crowd. It was brighter, crisper and had a visibly superior refresh rate. It was also about $100 cheaper than competing models. That was the one I got and still use. Moral of the story, your own eyes are a better judge than any review article when shopping monitors.

Likes RJLiberator

Related to Considering buying this computer monitor, your thoughts?

1. What is the resolution of the monitor?

The resolution of a monitor refers to the number of pixels displayed on the screen. It is typically written as the number of horizontal pixels by the number of vertical pixels (e.g. 1920x1080). Higher resolutions result in sharper and more detailed images.

2. Is it compatible with my computer?

Before purchasing a monitor, it is important to check if it is compatible with your computer. This includes checking the connector type (e.g. HDMI, VGA, DVI), the graphics card, and the operating system. Most monitors will have a list of compatible systems and specifications listed in the product details.

3. What is the refresh rate of the monitor?

The refresh rate of a monitor is the number of times the image on the screen is updated per second. It is measured in Hertz (Hz). Higher refresh rates result in smoother motion and less strain on the eyes. Most modern monitors have a refresh rate of 60Hz, but some high-end models may have 120Hz or even 240Hz.

4. Does it have any special features?

Some monitors may come with special features such as built-in speakers, adjustable stands, or gaming-specific features like adaptive sync technology. It is important to research and compare these features to determine if they are necessary for your needs and if they justify the cost.

5. What is the warranty for this monitor?

Warranties vary between monitor brands and models. It is important to check the warranty details before purchasing to ensure that you are covered in case of any defects or malfunctions. Some warranties may also offer extended coverage for an additional cost.