Harnessing Bean Eater Gas: A Creative Source of Power

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of harnessing gas emitted by bean eaters as a source of energy. Some people suggest creating a collection center where people can get paid for their gas emissions, while others mention existing efforts to convert waste gas into energy. One person jokes about hooking up cows to balloons for energy production.
timejim
I think we have a wasted source of power on Earth. Alot of beans are eaten around the world everyday. How about trying to harness the gas emitted by bean eaters. I mean, have like a collection center where people can go and give off their gas and get paid for it based on volume. etc. Just a thought.

Physics news on Phys.org
trolling doesn't work too well on these boards... we just ignore them.

On a serious note, there are some recent efforts to convert waste gas into energy. Some companies/industries that generate organic waste streams are capturing the methane offgas and burning it to provide electricity for their facility...sometimes enough to free them from the power grid altogether. A way-cool idea.

Interesting but I would hate to be the guy that has to wire all this stuff up.

I'd rather hook up some cows to balloons..

Originally posted by Monique
I'd rather hook up some cows to balloons..

1. What is bean eater gas and how is it harnessed?

Bean eater gas is a type of gas that is produced when beans are digested by certain organisms. It is harnessed by collecting the gas and converting it into a usable form of energy, such as electricity.

2. What makes bean eater gas a creative source of power?

Bean eater gas is considered a creative source of power because it is a renewable resource that is not commonly used as a source of energy. It also has the potential to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

3. How efficient is the process of harnessing bean eater gas?

The efficiency of harnessing bean eater gas can vary depending on the specific method used and the equipment used. However, studies have shown that it can be a relatively efficient process, with some systems achieving up to 80% efficiency.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to using bean eater gas as a source of power?

One potential drawback of using bean eater gas as a source of power is that it can be expensive to set up the necessary equipment and infrastructure. Additionally, there may be concerns about the environmental impact of large-scale bean eater gas production.

5. What are some current and potential future applications of bean eater gas as a power source?

Currently, bean eater gas is primarily used in small-scale applications, such as powering individual homes or small farms. However, there is potential for it to be used in larger scale applications, such as powering entire communities. It could also be used as a source of fuel for vehicles, reducing our dependence on traditional fossil fuels.