Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, Gale17 wants to create a cool webpage but does not want to pay for it. He looks into creating a webpage and finds that Angelfire.com offers a free account with limited features and space. He registers for the account and begins to create his first page.
Gale
So i decided i want to mske a webpage. And i want it to be cool... as in... all about me! But i don't want to pay for it... So what should i do, where should i go??

Physics news on Phys.org
You should create a blog. That would be a cool idea. Then the whole world will know your darkest and deepest secrets.

Check out this site for hosting your blog:

http://www.blogger.com/

Or if your really brave and want to delve into the technical aspects of creating a website from the ground up, then you should create a webserver on your computer, buy a domain for about 10 bucks a years, and write all the html/css/php stuff by hand.

Search on google for some i suppose. Dont get side-tracked looking for more Gale17s tho! I think that Freeservers could be one or it may be Freeserver!...hmm www.freeserver.com or try with an 's' i could be wrong tho

i did something like blog a while ago... i got bored with it pretty fast... maybe i'll try again though... see where it gets me...

and yeah, i was thinking about maybe buying a domain... my dad wanted to teach me stuff... but i don't feel like doing all that right now...

lol i hate it when dads do that, cos they don't teach, they do it themselves, and if u get it wrong, they say the same thing again in an annoyed and louder tone. FOOLS!

Originally posted by Gale17
and yeah, i was thinking about maybe buying a domain... my dad wanted to teach me stuff... but i don't feel like doing all that right now...

Is your dad a programmer or does he just want to learn how to use the internet. Yesh, this old folks don't get this technology.

i don't know what my dad is... a crummy teacher that's for sure... he does software of something for defense stuff for planes for the gov't or something... i don't really know...

Government work, Uh

You should really look into designing the page with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). It allows you to get layout just perfect. You could also use a PHP, CGI, or Perl to create dynamic content. You could have site that change themes with the specific day. You could also create your own forum. Lots of neat stuff that can be done on the web

uh well, i went to those places you two said, and i also went to one that rockazella metioned to me privately. i signed up for all three, so now i just need to see which is best...

www.angelfire.com

gives you a free site with about 10 megs of space. Of course the how to is up to you;) Just do a google on html, and you'll find a billion sites on making a webpage- it's dummy proof these days.

you really want a web page

Check out my sites and if you like what you see, I can give you a hand and perhaps link you to the folks that first helped me.

www.wsdavis.org

www.hjfso.org

laters:

Bill

www.741.com has a pretty sweet deal going on.

Not quite sure what your wanting out of your site, but this place offers a fairly decent free package, and I think the 1GB package is only 12 bucks a month.

I just went to Angelfire.com awhile ago and registered for their free member account. It has very limited features and space, but great for simple or beginner web sites. I've already started a webpage there. I have just the beginning of the first page, but overall the page builder is pretty cool and easy to use. You can see the page if you want, but don't laugh, its my first one.

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/outfortheday

Originally posted by theEVIL1
Bill

ok, this is a bad joke and really out of thread but I just had to ask: is your other name GATES?

Gale: a good link if you want to know more about HTML, CSS, PHP and all the other stuff ddurado mentioned:
http://www.w3schools.com/
Some of the web-hosting sites offer a site-builder service but what I tried was not too impressive. I think you should do it yourself from scratch...

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Gale: a good link if you want to know more about HTML, CSS, PHP and all the other stuff ddurado mentioned:
http://www.w3schools.com/
Some of the web-hosting sites offer a site-builder service but what I tried was not too impressive. I think you should do it yourself from scratch...

yeah, i used to have a cool site at someplace... it was cool... but none of these are exactly awesome... I'm thinking i may need to do one from scratch in order to do myself justice. Afterall, it must be Gale-worthy...

or maybe i should step down as the Gale fan club pres and give the position to someone else who can do webpages...

You could always give the task to the power behind the throne.

Originally posted by photon
You could always give the task to the power behind the throne.

yes that's true, but I think Greg is busy with this site already...

Or the power behind the power behind the throne.

1. What is "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!"?

"Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" is a website creation platform that allows users to easily design and publish their own personal website. It offers a variety of customizable templates and tools to help users create a unique and professional-looking website.

2. Is "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" really free?

Yes, "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required. However, there may be additional costs if you choose to purchase a custom domain or premium features.

3. Do I need coding experience to use "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!"?

No, you do not need any coding experience to use "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!". The platform is designed for users of all skill levels, and offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface for easy website customization.

4. Can I use my own domain with "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!"?

Yes, you can use your own domain with "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" by purchasing a custom domain through the platform. Alternatively, you can transfer an existing domain to the platform or use a subdomain for free.

5. Is "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" suitable for business websites?

While "Create Your Own Free Website - All About You!" is primarily designed for personal websites, it can also be used for basic business websites. However, it may not have all the advanced features and customization options that a dedicated business website builder would offer.