Configuration you will advise for memory distribution

In summary, the conversation was about memory distribution and the confusion surrounding cache memory. The responder advised being more specific about what information is needed and offered a link about cache memory. Furthermore, they mentioned that cache is a temporary storage of recent information and its size and speed can vary. They also mentioned that cache can help with faster access to redundant information. However, they were unclear about the aspect of memory distribution and the formation of a pyramid structure with different types of memory.
heman
In particular which configuration you will advise for memory distribution and in particular i am always puzzled by this cache memory:confused:

Computer science news on Phys.org
You need to be more specific about what you want to do and what you want to know. That's a pretty ambiguous post.

yeah...you are right ,,but now my query is pacified,Thanks

What exactly are you asking for?

Here is an answer about cache memory if you were wondering: http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid5_gci211730,00.html

Cache is basically a temporary bank of recent information (for the most part). It's size and speed varies, but as you can tell, having information stored in cache helps because it's easier/faster to access redundant information for example (which is why when you open certain programs, it's usually faster opening the program the second time around and so on until the cache is cleared).

However, about the memory distribution, I am unclear about what you are talking about.

there is actually a pyramid sort of thing which is formed...in which d-ram comes on top and cd rom comes down below..

Actually, the processor's registers are on top i believe.

yeah you are right..

Related to Configuration you will advise for memory distribution

1. What is the recommended memory distribution for optimal performance?

The recommended memory distribution for optimal performance depends on the specific system and its intended use. However, a general rule of thumb is to allocate a larger portion of memory to the operating system and essential system processes, and the remaining memory can be divided among applications and other processes.

2. Should I prioritize memory allocation for specific applications or processes?

It is generally recommended to prioritize memory allocation for applications or processes that are critical to the system's functionality or require a large amount of memory to run efficiently. However, it is important to find a balance and not allocate too much memory to one specific application, as it can affect the overall performance of the system.

3. How can I monitor and adjust memory distribution on my system?

There are various tools and software available that can help monitor and adjust memory distribution on your system. These include built-in system utilities, third-party software, and command-line tools. It is important to regularly monitor and adjust memory distribution to ensure optimal performance.

4. Can I allocate all available memory to a specific application?

No, it is not recommended to allocate all available memory to a specific application. This can cause memory conflicts and affect the overall stability and performance of the system. It is important to leave a certain amount of memory for the operating system and other essential processes.

5. Are there any risks associated with adjusting memory distribution?

Yes, there are potential risks associated with adjusting memory distribution. If not done correctly, it can lead to system instability, crashes, and data loss. It is important to carefully monitor and make adjustments cautiously to avoid these risks.