I simply observe. I am suggesting nothing

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a picture of a model of an evolved dinosaur, created by a respected paleontologist. The model resembles the concept of reptilian aliens and leads to a discussion about evolution and anthropomorphism.
Physics news on Phys.org
LOL...

This reminds me of the time someone tried to make a case for Stegosauruses being a "fast moving biped" at a paleontology convention by rotating a picture of one so it is in a verticle position...

Originally posted by FZ+
LOL...

This reminds me of the time someone tried to make a case for Stegosauruses being a "fast moving biped" at a paleontology convention by rotating a picture of one so it is in a verticle position...

This Russell guy is a respected Paleontologist who has modeled an evolved dinosaur. When I saw his model, I immediately thought of the reptilian alien stuff. Like I said...actually like I should have said, I post this only for your amusement.

Heh. I think Mr Russel is a little skewed by his belief that evolution is a long march towards something looking like mankind...

Originally posted by FZ+
Heh. I think Mr Russel is a little skewed by his belief that evolution is a long march towards something looking like mankind...

And just what's wrong with anthropomorphism?
I suppose you have a problem with ethnocentrism also!

1. What does it mean to "simply observe"?

To "simply observe" means to watch or perceive something without making any assumptions or drawing any conclusions. It is the act of gathering information through observation without any personal bias or interpretation.

2. What is the significance of stating "I am suggesting nothing"?

By stating "I am suggesting nothing", the observer is emphasizing that their role is purely to observe and gather information, and not to provide any suggestions or opinions. This ensures that the observation is unbiased and objective.

3. Is "simply observing" a valid scientific approach?

Yes, "simply observing" is a valid scientific approach. In fact, observation is an integral part of the scientific method, which involves making observations, forming a hypothesis, conducting experiments, and analyzing data. By simply observing, scientists can gather important information and data to support their research.

4. Can observations be influenced by personal bias?

Yes, observations can be influenced by personal bias. Our beliefs, experiences, and background can all impact the way we perceive and interpret information. That's why it's important for scientists to be aware of their biases and strive for objectivity in their observations.

5. How do you ensure that your observations are accurate and reliable?

To ensure that observations are accurate and reliable, scientists use various methods such as controlled experiments, multiple observations, and peer review. Additionally, they also strive for objectivity, avoid personal bias, and record their observations in detail to ensure that they can be replicated by others.