Comsol Help -- How to Enable Rotating?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a question about using Comsol to fill a volume between two spheres and make the inner sphere rotate. The solution involves creating a 2D-axisymmetric geometry and setting the surface of the rotating sphere as a sliding wall with a specific angular velocity. The example of Swirl Flow Around a Rotating Disc in the Application Library is suggested as a reference.
YURIIMkZERO
Hi,
I'm a newbie at Comsol and want ask for guide how to fill something with fluid and make sphere rotate. My goal in creating system where one sphere contains second. Second sphere rotates on its axis. Volume between is filled with fluid.
I understand how to create spheres, but couldn't understand how to fill volume between them and make inner sphere rotate.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can do this using a 2D-axisymmetric geometry, then setting the surface of the rotating sphere as a sliding wall with a given φ angular velocity.

As an exemple, you can look at Swirl Flow Around a Rotating Disc in the Application Library.

Related to Comsol Help -- How to Enable Rotating?

1. How do I enable rotating in Comsol?

To enable rotating in Comsol, go to the "Physics" tab and click on "Model Settings". Under "Options", check the box next to "Allow Rotating Mesh". This will enable rotating for all physics interfaces in your model.

2. Can I enable rotating for only certain objects in my model?

Yes, you can enable rotating for specific objects in your model by selecting the object and going to its "Mesh" settings. Under "Rotation and Translation", check the box next to "Allow Rotation". This will enable rotating for that specific object only.

3. How do I adjust the rotation settings in Comsol?

To adjust the rotation settings, go to the "Mesh" settings of the object you want to rotate. Under "Rotation and Translation", you can change the rotation axis, center, and speed. You can also choose to rotate the object continuously or in discrete steps.

4. Can I animate the rotation in Comsol?

Yes, you can animate the rotation of your objects in Comsol. Under the "Solve" tab, click on "Solution 1" and select "Sequence Settings". Here, you can choose to animate the rotation by specifying the start and end angles, as well as the number of frames for the animation.

5. Is there a limit to the number of objects I can rotate in Comsol?

No, there is no limit to the number of objects you can rotate in Comsol. However, keep in mind that rotating too many objects may significantly increase the computational time and resources required for your simulation.