Oh Tribdog, where art thou?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art
In summary, Tribdog's girlfriend may have figured out how to spell "PF" and may have done something to him. Tribdog was last seen on a thread making a funny comment. News flashes reported sightings of Hannibal Leckter and his capture by police. Tribdog was also found and reunited with his girlfriend, but was assigned to her backyard doghouse. There is speculation that Tribdog may have been abducted by aliens.
jimmy p
Gold Member
LOST: One dog, answers to the name Trib.
LAST SEEN: One of these threads a while back, or off somewhere insulting his girlfriend.

REWARD IF FOUND! (Aunt Tsu's cookies!)

(Reward subject to availability)

Physics news on Phys.org
I fear that his girlfriend finally figured out how to spell "PF". :surprise:

SHOCK! HORROR! :biggrin: that was one hell of a funny comment that he said then!

NEWSFLASH! last seen on the limericks thread...

News Flash! "HANNIBAL LECKTER SIGHTED IN ARIZONA"

his other name... better get the tranquiliser darts out...

News Flash! "DOG COLLAR WITH THE NAME TRIBDOG FOUND ON SECLUDED ARIZONA HIKING TRAIL. BRUNO MAGLI SNEAKER FOOTPRINTS ALSO FOUND AT SCENE, WHICH APPEAR TO MATCH LECKTER'S FAVORITE BRAND. POLICE FEAR THE WORST."

News Flash! LECKTER CAPTURED BY SHAPELY LEG. POLICE CREDIT THE CAPTURE OF HANNIBAL LECKTER TO SCULPTOR RICHARDO CHRISTOFARO. CHISTOFARO ON COMMISSION WITH THE FLAGSTAFF POLICE DEPARTMENT MOLDED 30 LBS. OF FOIE GRAS INTO WHAT WAS DESCRIBED AS CAPTIVATING FEMALE TANGO DANCERS LEG TO ATTRACT LECKTER. “WELL THE PLOY WORK, WE GOT HIM BEFORE HE COULD TAKE HIS FIRST BITE”, SAID POLICE CHIEF DUSTY RHODES. LECKTER IS NOW IN ROUTE TO THE PELICAN BAY STATE MAXIMUM SECURITY PENITENTIARY IN CALIFORNIA. IN RELATED NEWS, THE MAN KNOWN AS TRIBDOG WAS FOUND BY OFF-TRAIL BACKPACKERS CRYING AND MUMBLING, “SWEETY MUFFIN WON’T YOU TAKE ME BACK”. “IT WAS A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF MANHOOD”, BELLOWED BACKPACKER HARLEY BREATHEN. TRIBDOG HAS BEEN REUNITED WITH HIS BELOVED, BUT THE WRETCHED, BUMMED OUT CREATURE WAS IMMEDIATELY ASSIGNED TO HER BACKYARD DOGHOUSE.

(talking in the voice of Tribdog) Ehh,... here. Here, that's me, Tribdog, I'm back. I was...erm...busy for a few days. Now, can I get those cookies?

...erm...

Tribdog has returned to the Forum as an English gentleman.

Janitor said:
Tribdog has returned to the Forum as an English gentleman.

LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

no no no! tribdog is my pet he would be more insulting than that.. :cry: i miss my pet!

Last time I saw Tribby was at some burger joint San Diego. He kept muttering something about the "voices," and "We'll kill jimmy too, before he finds us."

aww that sounds like him and he's only playing... I'll get him first... the voices told ME that!

Just keep telling yourself that, jimmy. :biggrin:

I'm truly a bit worried about tribdog. It doesn't seem like him to go away, even temporarily, without a flourish.

I think his girlfriend figured out how to spell PF, read his posts & may have done him in. :surprise:

Or maybe she found the hole in the carpet...

TRIBDOG I MISS YOU! you don't know how many broken nights I have wondering where you are...

Evo said:
I'm truly a bit worried about tribdog. It doesn't seem like him to go away, even temporarily, without a flourish.
As I recall, the first time tribog disappeared it was without any notice. I remember because I had said something particularly provocative to him, and was waiting for his counter-thrust, but it never materialized.

When he returned, I didn't notice any explanation of where he'd been.

There is really only one known cause of sudden disappearance and reappearance with no explanation:

alien abduction

zoobyshoe said:
There is really only one known cause of sudden disappearance and reappearance with no explanation:

alien abduction

As an Honorary Grey Space Alien, I'm holding you responsible then Zooby

What is "Oh Tribdog, where art thou?"

"Oh Tribdog, where art thou?" is a phrase from the Bible, specifically from the book of Genesis. It is part of a verse spoken by God when he asks Adam where he is in the Garden of Eden.

What is the significance of this phrase?

The phrase is significant because it is the first time in the Bible that God speaks to Adam and it marks the beginning of their conversation. It also highlights the theme of disobedience and hiding from God's presence.

Is "Oh Tribdog, where art thou?" a commonly used phrase?

No, "Oh Tribdog, where art thou?" is not a commonly used phrase in modern language. It is only found in the Bible and is not used in everyday speech.

What is the context of this phrase in the Bible?

The phrase is part of a larger conversation between God and Adam in the Garden of Eden. It comes after Adam and Eve have eaten the forbidden fruit and realize they are naked. God is calling out to Adam to confront him about his disobedience.

What is the lesson or message behind this phrase?

The phrase highlights the importance of acknowledging and facing our mistakes and disobedience, as well as the consequences of our actions. It also emphasizes the need for a strong relationship with God and being in His presence.