Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Compute the circulation of F along C

Uniman

Oct 19, 2012
Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 1.18.02 PM.png
Hi,
This is my first post. So if I made any mistakes that is the way I asked the questions, kindly let me know.

The work done so far

Circulation:

C {0,0,1} to {1, pi,1}

C eq: {y=pi*x, z=1}

dr={dx, pi*dx, 0}
F={cos(y/z), -x/z*sin(y/z),xy/z^2*sin(y/z)}

F.dr = -dx [dot product and simplified]

Integral[F.dr]{0 t01} = -1

Am I in right track???

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Welcome to MHB, Uniman! For future reference and searches later, I believe you should type out the question using LaTeX. It will make it easier for all of us to read and discuss your approach. :D

Last but not least, this looks like a multivariable calculus question. Perhaps it belongs in the Calculus sub-forum. (Nod)

Adjust your other thread accordingly! ;)

Uniman

Oct 19, 2012
Latex? Is it a software available online.......Sorry I post these two threads in the wrong section. Am I able to move this thread......
Waiting for the experts to check my answers. By the way this forum looks great......

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Uniman,

Welcome to MHB! :)

You can read up on Latex here but in short it's a way to output nice looking equations which are difficult to write otherwise.

For example \frac{x^2+3x-2}{\sqrt{2x^2-11}} outputs \(\displaystyle \frac{x^2+3x-2}{\sqrt{2x^2-11}}\). We have a forum dedicated to Latex which you can find here.

I am not sure where this thread belongs so I'll ask one of the moderators to move it to a new place if needed. Sorry I can't help you myself but rest assured that you should be getting some help soon.

Jameson