The Da Vinci Code Book by Dan Brown

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Code
In summary, "The Da Vinci Code" is a highly praised fiction novel that combines various historical elements, such as the Templars and Mary Magdalen, into an exciting adventure story. While some may find the book's claims about a true secret history to be exaggerated, the book's fast pace and character development make it a worthwhile read for those interested in cryptography and code breaking. It has been a top seller at many stores and has received positive reviews.
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
has anyone read this book? i have heard great things about it so i began reading it...typically i don't read fiction, but this one is good so far...

Physics news on Phys.org
I read it. It's a good, fast paced, exciting adventure story. All that stuff about the true secret history is just puff for the book. He took a bunch of separate stories, like the Templars, and Mary Magdalen, and put them together the way a conspiracy freak does - connect the dots - and made it sound good. You can believe it if you like, but historians have been all over the story, debunking it.

I say read it. Smooth transition, pretty good character development..I've read only a few paragraphs and will pick it up eventually.

If you have even a slight fascination with cryptography, code breaking, symbols..you will find it interesting.

Last edited:
I'm on about page 50 and so far it's pretty good.

It grabs you quickly and moves you right along.

It's worth reading, also the top seller at the store I work in.

1. What is "The Da Vinci Code" about?

"The Da Vinci Code" is a mystery novel written by Dan Brown that follows the story of symbologist Robert Langdon as he tries to unravel a complex web of clues and secrets surrounding the murder of a curator at the Louvre Museum in Paris.

2. Is "The Da Vinci Code" based on true events?

No, "The Da Vinci Code" is a work of fiction and is not based on any real events. However, some of the historical and religious elements in the book are based on theories and claims made by authors and historians.

3. Why was "The Da Vinci Code" so controversial?

"The Da Vinci Code" sparked controversy because of its portrayal of the Catholic Church and its claims about the role of Mary Magdalene in the history of Christianity. The book was heavily criticized by some religious groups for its interpretation of historical events.

4. Is "The Da Vinci Code" part of a series?

Yes, "The Da Vinci Code" is the second book in the Robert Langdon series, following "Angels and Demons" and preceding "The Lost Symbol", "Inferno", and "Origin". However, each book can also be read as a standalone novel.

5. Has "The Da Vinci Code" been adapted into a movie?

Yes, "The Da Vinci Code" was adapted into a film in 2006, starring Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon. The movie was directed by Ron Howard and was a box office success, grossing over $750 million worldwide.