In summary, the conversation involves a person asking for help with a problem they are having. They have reached a certain point but are unable to progress further. They are asked to show their work and provide more information about the point at which they are stuck. The conversation also includes a reference to a resource for writing equations. The person mentions reaching a point and provides an answer given by someone else, but admits to not knowing what to do from there.
thecastlingking
Member warned that the homework template must be used, and some effort shown
signals q.PNG

Above is a question I need some help with. I can get to a certain point, but I can't get beyond.
Can somebody with knowledge about this help?

Attachments

• signals q.PNG
    signals q.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,730
Physics news on Phys.org
Cn = 3/2 Sa(nπ/2)e-(jnπ)/2
That is where I get up to, but I don't know what to do from there.
The answer given is: 0 and 3/(jnπ)

thecastlingking said:
Cn = 3/2 Sa(nπ/2)e-(jnπ)/2
That is where I get up to, but I don't know what to do from there.
The answer given is: 0 and 3/(jnπ)
You need to show your work. It looks like you differentiated instead of integrated when calculating the coefficients.

Related to Complex exponential Fourier series coefficients?

1. What is a complex exponential Fourier series?

A complex exponential Fourier series is a mathematical representation of a periodic function as a sum of complex exponential functions. It is used to decompose a periodic signal into its constituent frequencies, with each frequency represented by a complex coefficient.

2. How are complex exponential Fourier series coefficients calculated?

The coefficients are calculated using the formula c_n = (1/T) * ∫f(t)e^(-jnω_0t)dt, where T is the period of the signal, n is the frequency index, ω_0 is the fundamental frequency, and f(t) is the periodic signal. This integral is evaluated over one period of the signal.

3. What is the significance of the complex exponential Fourier series coefficients?

The coefficients represent the amplitude and phase of each frequency component in the original signal. They provide valuable information about the frequency content of a signal and are used in various applications such as signal filtering and compression.

4. Can complex exponential Fourier series coefficients be negative?

Yes, the coefficients can be negative as they represent the amplitude and phase of a complex exponential function. The negative sign indicates a phase shift of π radians or 180 degrees.

5. Are there any limitations to using complex exponential Fourier series?

Yes, there are a few limitations. The signal must be periodic and have a finite number of discontinuities. Also, the coefficients may not accurately represent signals with very high or very low frequencies, as they require an infinite number of coefficients to fully represent the signal.