Help Me Understand Voltage, Current & Resistor - 4th Year High School Student

• Thread starter xiledreama
  • Start date
In summary, according to Ohm's Law, if the voltage is constant and the current increases, the resistance should be decreased to maintain the constant voltage. This relationship can be seen by solving for R and using arrow analysis.
xiledreama
If Voltage is constant and Current (amps) increases then Resistor should be?
increased, decreased or the same...

i do not understand this at all..i don't understand the relationshop between them...could someone please help me? I am in my 4th yr at high school so please...no hard words!

Engineering news on Phys.org
look up Ohm's law. That is the relationship between voltage, current and resistance. Solve for R and use arrow analysis to see how resistance should change.

xiledreama said:
If Voltage is constant and Current (amps) increases then Resistor should be?
increased, decreased or the same...

Resistance should be decreased. Voltage = Current*Resistance (Ohms Law)

What is voltage?

Voltage is a measure of the potential difference between two points in an electrical circuit. It is often described as the force that pushes electrons through a circuit.

What is current?

Current is the flow of electric charge through a circuit. It is measured in amperes (A) and is often compared to the flow of water through a pipe.

What is a resistor?

A resistor is an electrical component that limits the flow of current in a circuit. It is often used to control the amount of voltage or current in a circuit and is measured in ohms (Ω).

How are voltage, current, and resistance related?

According to Ohm's law, voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R). This means that if the resistance increases, the current will decrease, and vice versa.

Why is it important to understand voltage, current, and resistance?

Understanding these concepts is crucial for designing and troubleshooting electrical circuits. It also helps us to understand how electricity works and how it is used in various technologies and devices.