Comparing Volumes of Gases in 2 Cylinder Containers

In summary, the question is whether the volume of gas calculated using the formula PV=nRT will be the same for two containers with different initial volumes of 50 m^3 and 60 m^3, respectively, if the same number of moles of gas are injected into each container. However, there are some missing details such as whether the containers are initially empty, if they are thermally isolated, and the injection process, which could potentially affect the temperature and therefore the volume of gas.
momomo_mo
I want to ask if I have 2 cylinder container

1) 50 m3
2) 60 m3

If I inject the same no. of mole of gases into these containers respectively
when I apply PV=nRT
Is the volume in calculating the gases in these containers are the same??

Physics news on Phys.org
Somethings are missing in your post.
Are the containers initially empty?
Are they isolant (thermic)?
How the gases are injected? The injection process will change the temperature.

momomo_mo said:
I want to ask if I have 2 cylinder container

1) 50 m3
2) 60 m3

If I inject the same no. of mole of gases into these containers respectively
when I apply PV=nRT
Is the volume in calculating the gases in these containers are the same??
If the volume of the first container is 50 m^3 and the volume of the second is 60 m^3, I suppose the volumes of the gas are...
50 m^3 and 60 m^3!

(This is the easier problem I've ever solved!).

Related to Comparing Volumes of Gases in 2 Cylinder Containers

1. How can I accurately compare the volumes of gases in two cylinder containers?

To accurately compare the volumes of gases in two cylinder containers, you will need to measure the volume of each gas by using a graduated cylinder or a burette. Make sure to record the initial and final volume of gas in each container and take into account the temperature and pressure of the gas when making comparisons.

2. Is it important to consider temperature and pressure when comparing volumes of gases in two cylinder containers?

Yes, it is crucial to consider temperature and pressure when comparing volumes of gases in two cylinder containers. Gas volume is affected by temperature and pressure, so it is essential to measure and record these factors to make accurate comparisons.

3. What is the relationship between temperature, pressure, and gas volume?

According to the ideal gas law, the volume of a gas is directly proportional to its temperature and inversely proportional to its pressure. This means that as temperature increases, the volume of gas increases, and as pressure increases, the volume of gas decreases.

4. Can different types of gases be accurately compared using this method?

Yes, different types of gases can be accurately compared using this method as long as the measurements are taken at the same temperature and pressure. The ideal gas law applies to all gases, so the comparisons will be valid.

5. How can I ensure the accuracy of my measurements when comparing volumes of gases in two cylinder containers?

To ensure accuracy, it is essential to use precise measuring tools such as graduated cylinders or burettes and to record the temperature and pressure of the gases. It is also helpful to repeat the measurements multiple times to reduce the margin of error.