Damn, ya'll are good. Next question

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of downloading music and the justification behind it. One person states that they have now started downloading ebooks instead of music, while another person argues that downloading music is not stealing, but rather a way to freely share it with others. They also mention the issue of artists not receiving fair compensation for their work. The conversation also includes a link to a program for converting .lit files and a website for accessing free books.
tribdog
I'm tired of stealing music, now I'm stealing books. No more mp3s for me, now it's ebooks.
Which program reads .lit files?

Computer science news on Phys.org
come on now, its not stealing music. Its collecting it so that you can freely spread it to others less fortunate so that they can hear it too.

Least, that's my excuse.

No matter weather someone believe it's right or wrong - downloading music IS ABSOLUTELY NOT STEALING.

It is copyright infringement. Simple as that. It is not theft at all.

I feel bad when I download music because it means I deny the artist another ivory back scratcher...

and it isn't really the artist, but more so the record label, who is getting another ivory back scratcher.

If the money went directly to the artist I would not mind. Believe it or not, not every band that has a few albums out is millionaires. In a way, downloading music is like protesting againsts the people who have corrupted the music world, and turned it into an industry.

I mean, go check out a local band, and aside from expenses, they are not after your money. Alot of times, there out having a good time, and not concerned with being multibillionaires.

But, seems like all those people stay local bands.

Originally posted by megashawn
come on now, its not stealing music. Its collecting it so that you can freely spread it to others less fortunate so that they can hear it too.

Least, that's my excuse.
Yes who can't afford a cd or casset player but have a highspeed internet access and a computer most likcly with a cd burner

Last edited by a moderator:

What does "Damn, ya'll are good" mean?

"Damn, ya'll are good" is a colloquial expression that is commonly used to express admiration or praise for someone or a group of people who have demonstrated exceptional skill or ability.

Who typically says "Damn, ya'll are good"?

This expression is commonly used in informal settings, such as among friends or colleagues, and is often used in sports or competitive situations to acknowledge and praise a team's performance.

Is "Damn, ya'll are good" considered appropriate language?

While the use of this expression may vary depending on the context and audience, it is generally considered to be informal and may not be appropriate in formal or professional settings.

Does "Damn, ya'll are good" have any specific cultural or regional associations?

This expression is commonly used in American English and may have regional variations or associations, but it has also gained popularity and recognition through media and pop culture.

Can "Damn, ya'll are good" be used in a negative or sarcastic way?

While the tone and context in which this expression is used can vary, it is typically used as a positive and genuine expression of admiration and praise. Using it sarcastically or negatively may change its intended meaning.