Compact Muon Solenoid experiment simulations

In summary: Thanks very much.Just, I am new in this area, don't know much what is where yet...In summary, someone is working on simulations related to the Higgs to muon+ muon- electron positron process. They want to ask for help, but do not want to talk to anyone here.
VatanparvaR
Hallo everybody!

Is there anybody dealing with CMS stuff?
Let's share infos here, and let's discuss the stuff related to Compact Muon Solenoid experiment simulations.

I am a student, and have to work on H-->2mu ee- (Higgs to muon+ muon- electron positron)
Plz, leave here any related articles, publications, lectures etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pythia manual:

http://doc.cern.ch//archive/electronic/cern/preprints/lhcc/public/lhcc-2006-001.pdf

Anybody is there working on this simulation stuff?
If yes, I have some specific questions.

Last edited:
No one? :)

VatanparvaR said:
No one? :)
I'm sure many people here have worked/are working/will work with Pythia...

humanino said:
I'm sure many people here have worked/are working/will work with Pythia...

...but they do not want to help here, right? :smile:

VatanparvaR said:
...but they do not want to help here, right? :smile:
You have not asked any question :rolleyes::biggrin:

humanino said:
You have not asked any question :rolleyes::biggrin:

Hehe, I asked to discuss what we are doing, that is, to share experience :smile:

I am a student, and have to work on H-->2mu ee- (Higgs to muon+ muon- electron positron)
Plz, leave here any related articles, publications, lectures etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dear all !

Does anybody know, what are backgrounds for G-->H-->ZZ-->mumu ee-
(Higgs to ZZ muon+ muon- electron positron) ??

Help would be appreciated.

VatanparvaR said:
Dear all !

Does anybody know, what are backgrounds for G-->H-->ZZ-->mumu ee-
(Higgs to ZZ muon+ muon- electron positron) ??

Help would be appreciated.

Hi VatanparvaR,

why don't you ask help and recommandations in your CMS collobarotation composed of 1000 physicists rather than here ?
H->ZZ->eemm has been done many times in CMS, you can find plenty of informations in physics TDR http://cmsdoc.cern.ch/cms/cpt/tdr/, CMS notes, thesis on this channel, higgs group conveinors,...

Barmecides said:
Hi VatanparvaR,

why don't you ask help and recommandations in your CMS collobarotation composed of 1000 physicists rather than here ?
H->ZZ->eemm has been done many times in CMS, you can find plenty of informations in physics TDR http://cmsdoc.cern.ch/cms/cpt/tdr/, CMS notes, thesis on this channel, higgs group conveinors,...

Hallo Barmecides,

Thanks very much.
Just, I am new in this area, don't know much what is where yet...

Related to Compact Muon Solenoid experiment simulations

1. What is the purpose of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment?

The CMS experiment is one of the four main experiments at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. Its main purpose is to study the fundamental particles and forces that make up our universe, and to search for new physics beyond the Standard Model.

2. How does the CMS experiment use simulations?

Simulations are an essential part of the CMS experiment. They help us understand the complex interactions that occur during particle collisions and allow us to compare our experimental data with theoretical predictions. Simulations also help us optimize our detector design and improve our data analysis techniques.

3. What types of particles and interactions are simulated in the CMS experiment?

The CMS simulation includes the interactions of all particles that are produced in the LHC collisions, such as protons, electrons, and various types of quarks. It also simulates the interactions of these particles with the CMS detector, including their decays and energy deposits.

4. How accurate are the simulations used in the CMS experiment?

The CMS simulations are constantly being improved and validated against experimental data. They are considered to be very accurate, with a high level of agreement between the simulated and observed data. However, there may still be some uncertainties and limitations in the simulations, and they are constantly being refined to improve their accuracy.

5. Are simulations the only way to study the results of the CMS experiment?

No, simulations are just one part of the overall data analysis process in the CMS experiment. Other important techniques include data reconstruction, statistical analysis, and machine learning algorithms. These methods work together to help us understand the results of the experiment and make new discoveries in particle physics.