Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, a few days ago in the physics board, a differential equation of the form y' = k * y^(1/2) was encountered. The asker, eNtRopY, asked for help in solving the equation and mentioned that it had been a long time since they had taken a class on the techniques of solving differential equations. They were hoping someone could impress the "beautiful ladies" on the board by solving it for them. Another user pointed out that the equation was separable and provided the solution y = (k*x/2 + C)^2. eNtRopY thanked them and admitted they should have seen it themselves.
eNtRopY
A few days ago in the physics board, we encountered the following differential equation of the form:

y' = k * y^(1/2).

It's been a long time since I've taken a class in the techniques of solving differential equation, and I can't remember off-hand how to solve this problem. Rather than research the method for solving this problem myself, I thought I'd give you dudes a chance to impress all the beautiful ladies on these boards (e.g. Entropia, Kerrie, Galatea, Kat, Monique, Saint, etc.).

eNtRopY

P.S. If you are a lady, and I have forgotten you, I'm sorry... I don't have a very good memory for names.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
In other words, you're lazy and you want us to do your work for you. :smile:

This equation is seperable:

dy/dx = k * y^(1/2)

y^(-1/2) * dy = k * dx

Lazy... or too busy?
Anyway,

y = (k*x/2 + C)^2

Thanks... I don't know why I didn't see that right away. I guess I should be embarrassed.

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by eNtRopY
Lazy... or too busy?
Anyway,

y = (k*x/2)^2

Thanks... I don't know why I didn't see that right away. I guess I should be embarrassed.

eNtRopY

You forgot to add a constant before squaring.

1. What is "Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies"?

"Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies" is a program designed to help individuals improve their math skills and impress potential romantic partners by showcasing their mathematical abilities.

2. How does "Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies" work?

The program includes a variety of mathematical exercises and challenges that are designed to improve your math skills and make you more confident in your abilities. These exercises can include mental math problems, puzzles, and real-life scenarios where math skills are important.

3. Who can benefit from "Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies"?

Anyone who wants to improve their math skills and feel more confident in their abilities can benefit from this program. It is also specifically designed for those who want to impress potential romantic partners with their mathematical prowess.

4. Is "Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies" only for men?

No, this program is not gender-specific and can benefit anyone who wants to improve their math skills and impress others with their abilities.

5. Are there any success stories from using "Flex Your Mathletic Muscles Impress the Ladies"?

Yes, many individuals have reported feeling more confident and successful in their romantic pursuits after completing the program and showcasing their improved math skills. However, the success of the program may vary for each individual.