What happened t brain teasers?

• Thread starter On Radioactive Waves
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about fairness in a Brain Teasers game due to different time zones and potential advantages for those with faster internet speeds or better search abilities. Some individuals are criticizing others for complaining and not being understanding of the situation. The game moderator is working on finding better questions and varying posting times.
On Radioactive Waves
Where did they go? Greg must be busy?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see how this Brain Teasers thing is fair.

Firstly, our timezones are different, and the first to answer would be the one closest to the time of when Greg updates it (I assume he has a set time?).

Also, what if we can't wake-up that early? We have a dial-up connection?

The questions are also pretty stupid. You can get the answer for most of them simply by copy & pasting the question into "Ask Jeeves". Do not deny it, I am quite sure people here have done that, if they were good at internet searches.

What about browser speed? What if one has a faster browser than another?

Kenikov first off, there are many others in your position, I am not in the same time zone as Greg. And second, you seem to criticize a lot here. You criticized me in the "first language?" topic I made because I made a little mistake in a post, and I wasn't learning/ approching the situation "right" (the way he did it) and you're complaining about this now well guess what- there is nothing Greg can do! He can't be in all time zones at once, he can't post it at 1:00 PM in all time zones...what else is he to do? And you can find nearly anything with search engines these days, so what is he going to do? Shut down google and jeeves? I don't think so.

You state I complain quite a bit, when according to you, I've complained a total of 2 times. You are complaining about me and about how I complained about your mistake in the "First Language" post, which makes your total complaints to 2. So I guess that means you complain too. At least, equal to me.

Greg could pick the most complete answer besides just the first one.

Maybe the one best explained.

You state I complain quite a bit, when according to you, I've complained a total of 2 times. You are complaining about me and about how I complained about your mistake in the "First Language" post, which makes your total complaints to 2. So I guess that means you complain too. At least, equal to me.

You complained more than once in the "first language" thread, and you say things about me when, you don't even know me. You act like you know everything but you dont.

Ok ok, let's calm down. Greg is here

kenikov, I understand your concerns and they are mine aswell. All I can say is that I am working on both of them. I am searching deeper for better questions and I am posting at different times.

1. What are brain teasers?

Brain teasers are puzzles, riddles, or questions that are designed to challenge one's thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and creativity. They often require thinking outside the box and approaching problems from different angles.

2. Why are brain teasers important?

Brain teasers help improve cognitive function, memory, and problem-solving skills. They also stimulate the brain and can be a fun way to exercise the mind. Additionally, they can help with critical thinking and decision-making abilities.

3. How do brain teasers work?

Brain teasers work by presenting a problem or question that requires a creative or unconventional solution. They often involve logic, lateral thinking, and sometimes math or spatial reasoning. Solving brain teasers can also help strengthen connections between different areas of the brain.

4. Are brain teasers only for geniuses?

No, brain teasers are for everyone! They come in various difficulty levels and can be enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. While some may be more challenging for certain individuals, anyone can benefit from solving brain teasers and improve their thinking skills.

5. How can I get better at solving brain teasers?

The best way to improve at solving brain teasers is through practice. Start with easy ones and gradually work your way up to more difficult puzzles. Also, try to approach problems from different angles and think outside the box. Additionally, engaging in activities that stimulate the brain, such as reading, playing chess, or learning a new skill, can also help improve your problem-solving abilities.