Snacks and surprises (without the surprises)

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed various people's favorite snacks, including poppadoms, beef jerky, purple jellyfish, warm salted nuts, boiled peanuts, tortilla chips, prairie oysters, olives, white chocolate Reese's, Kosher dill pickles, apple slices with peanut butter and cinnamon, larks' tongues, and peach smoothies. Some also shared unique or unusual snacks, such as purple jellyfish warmed in the microwave, a la mode with vanilla ice cream, or boiled peanuts cooked by a friend from India. There was also a brief discussion about the origin of the phrase "there is more than one way to skin a cat" and some jokes about Cockney cuisine.
Matt, does that make you a "posh git", then? :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
baffledMatt said:
I think that's the only one I didn't know :wink:

But of course, us southerners have a much more sophisticated vocabulary, tentatively venturing to use sesquipedalian colloquialism whenever in the propinquity of educated discourse.

If you catch my drift.

Matt

quite dear fellow, quite. How Southern are you?

Math Is Hard said:
Matt, does that make you a "posh git", then? :wink:

What an absurd suggestion. Educated man, educated!

jimmy_p: Born in Essex (I am not proud of my heritage), raised near Cambridge and University in London - Kensington you know. I think that would put me safely in the 'soft southerner' category.

Matt

baffledMatt said:
What an absurd suggestion. Educated man, educated!

jimmy_p: Born in Essex (I am not proud of my heritage), raised near Cambridge and University in London - Kensington you know. I think that would put me safely in the 'soft southerner' category.

Matt

Oh, rather. Top hole to that one old bean. My humble abode is set up in a very soft and Southern most area of good old Blighty. Southampton doncha know!

Southampton eh? A splendid part of the world if you don't mind my saying so. I have a veritably sound aquaintance who originates from a vicinity not far from there and I must confess that they are most agreeable.

Matt

Math Is Hard said:
Daddy, I want to feed the Dutch people! Can I, Daddy? Pleeeeeeease...?

Can't you read the sign? It says DO NOT FEED... :biggrin:

We love you Monique. :shy:

Ivan Seeking said:
We love you Monique. :shy:
:biggrin: :biggrin: awwh!

If we ever have a get together, raw salted herring and double salted liquorice for EVERYONE!

Monique said:
If we ever have a get together, raw salted herring and double salted liquorice for EVERYONE!

Uh, well, as long as it doesn’t taste like fish! :biggrin:

I'm not sure about the night of Ouzo and Greek dancing any time soon. Our nephew - -Tsu's sister's kid - was just stationed in Honolulu [military] and Tsu has been scrutinizing our Air Miles account with a magnifying glass ever since. So far, it looks like they will drop her off somewhere about 500 miles short of Hawaii! :eek:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
So far, it looks like they will drop her off somewhere about 500 miles short of Hawaii! :eek:

I bet she's planning to water-ski the rest of the way. :biggrin: