Does anyone know how to find this paper?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary: Retrieved on 10/7/2012.In summary, NASA Technical Report 19770013810 discusses some of the physical/physiological effects of infrasound on humans.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NASA Technical Report 19770013810.

Any help is appreciated. I have looked and looked but I can find nothing by googling or by searching various NASA sites. I'm not real adept at the NASA search engines so I may not have been looking in the right place.

The paper discusses some of the physical/physiological effects of infrasound on humans.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Do you know the title/author/date of the report?

The report number is turning up a blank on NASA's technical reports server

http://ntrs.nasa.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
The only place that supposed report turns up is in reference to that guy's book. Strange that he doesn't list the year, title, authors, etc...?

Thanks all. No enigma that's all I know for now. I am going to email the author that cites the paper and ask for guidance.

This may or may not help. try googling only government sites...

http://www.google.com/unclesam

This link will return only .gov sites for your query.

Here is one link on infrasound that I found using this method:

http://ntp-server.niehs.nih.gov/htdocs/Chem_Background/ExSumPdf/Infrasound.pdf

Hope that helps. Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean document:
or

Which came up in the NASA search and look appropriate?

NateTG,
What am I doing wrong? I did find the one report by searching infrasound in the abstracts [1 of 1800 hits at the server linked by enigma], but I get nothing by entering the report number; even in the advanced search.

I think the answer is that one can't search by report number.

That's a really great feature!

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
I think the answer is that one can't search by report number.

That's a really great feature!

That does seem to be the case. I think I searched for infrasound and just paged through the results. None of the papers are on-line though.

Try something like "infrasound human" in the search fields.

The NASA Center for AeroSpace Information does not have the full text for DOC ID 19870046176, “The effects of whole-body vibration.” It is available in a variety of European libraries via Worldcat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/13456411&referer=brief_results. To find this book throughout Europe enter a specific city or country in the “Enter your Location” box.

DOC ID 19770013810, “Mechanical Resonant Frequency of the Human Eye in Vivo” is available as a full-text PDF online via the Defense Technical Information Center: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA030476&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

1. How can I find a specific paper or article?

There are a few ways to find a specific paper or article. You can start by searching for the title or author on a search engine like Google or Bing. If you have access to a library database, you can also search by title, author, or keywords related to the paper. Additionally, you can reach out to colleagues or researchers in the field to see if they have a copy of the paper or know where to find it.

2. I have the title and author of the paper, but I can't find it. What should I do?

If you have the title and author but can't find the paper, try searching for the title in quotation marks on a search engine. This will narrow down the results and may help you find the specific paper you are looking for. You can also try searching for the author's name on a search engine or in a library database to see if they have other publications that may lead you to the paper you are looking for.

3. How can I access a paper that is behind a paywall?

If the paper you are looking for is behind a paywall, you can try reaching out to the author directly and asking for a copy. They may be able to provide a free version or share a link to a pre-print version of the paper. You can also try accessing the paper through a university or library database, as they may have a subscription that allows access to the paper.

4. Is there a specific website or database I can use to find papers?

There are many websites and databases that can be used to find papers, including Google Scholar, PubMed, and JSTOR. However, the best website or database to use may depend on the subject or field of the paper you are looking for. It is helpful to consult with a librarian or researcher in your field to determine the best resource to use for your specific research topic.

5. Can I still get a paper if it is out of print or no longer available?

In some cases, you may still be able to access a paper that is out of print or no longer available. You can try searching for the paper on used book websites or online databases that specialize in rare or out-of-print materials. You can also reach out to the author or publisher to see if they have a digital version available or if they can provide a copy upon request.