Collapse calculation (surce code?)

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of calculating the radius of a collapsing interstellar cloud using temperature, density, and pressure of the star. The person is looking for guidance on dealing with continuity equation, equation of motion, energy equation, and equation of energy transport by radiation numerically. They also ask if there is any source code available for these calculations and mention Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics as a possible approach. The conversation also mentions Sir James Hopwood Jeans and his contributions to this topic.
quartz6
Hello,
I would like to define (calculate/plot) the radius of collapsing interstellar cloud as a function of temperature, density and presure of the star. I would like to describe the collapse calculations of an originally homogenous cloud of one solar mas, with low initial presure and non-isothermal, only adiabatic proceses (only internal energy) by numerical calculations (Larson, 1969).

Does anybody know how to deal with continuity equation, the equation of motion, energy equation and equation of energy transport by radiation numerically? Which DE metodh to use?

Or if there is some source code of such or similar numerical calculations (preferably in c, c++, java or mathematica) already online? I guess, there should be? ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO SEARCH/FIND?

Thanx! B.r., Bojan

Astronomy news on Phys.org
A lot of astrophysical fluid simulations use Smoothed particle hydrodynamics. I don't know where there is any code already completed if there is any. That might be a good place to start.

I think it was first Sir James Hopwood Jeans who first formulated this topic. I see some equations on his wiki bio.

Related to Collapse calculation (surce code?)

1. What is a collapse calculation?

A collapse calculation is a mathematical analysis used to determine the structural stability of a building or structure. It takes into account factors such as the weight of the structure, the materials used, and external forces to predict if and at what point the structure may fail or collapse.

2. Why is a collapse calculation important?

A collapse calculation is important because it helps engineers and architects ensure the safety and stability of a building or structure. It can identify potential weaknesses or flaws in the design that need to be addressed before construction begins. It also helps to prevent catastrophic collapses that can result in injury or loss of life.

3. How is a collapse calculation performed?

A collapse calculation is performed using complex mathematical equations and computer simulations. Engineers input data such as the dimensions and materials of the structure, as well as external forces such as wind and seismic activity. The software then analyzes this data and predicts how the structure will behave under different conditions.

4. Is the source code for collapse calculation available to the public?

In most cases, the source code for collapse calculation software is not available to the public. It is typically proprietary information owned by the companies that develop the software. However, some basic calculation methods and formulas may be publicly available for educational purposes.

5. Can collapse calculations be used for all types of structures?

Yes, collapse calculations can be used for all types of structures, including buildings, bridges, and even large-scale infrastructure projects like dams and tunnels. However, the specific methods and equations used may vary depending on the type of structure and its unique characteristics.