Can Anything Like Levitation Be Possible?

• Thread starter Zefram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Levitation
In summary, the conversation discusses a website that talks about levitation and questions its credibility. The article mentioned in the conversation is about a New Zealand scientist's discovery of a German magazine article discussing monks in Tibet who are knowledgeable about the laws of matter. The conversation also questions the precision of the measurements mentioned in the article and doubts its authenticity.
Zefram
I stumbled over http://www.healthresearchbooks.com/articles/levitation.htm (I'm not sure how) and I'm curious as to whether anything at all similar to this is even remotely possible? Doesn't sound right to me but I thought I'd check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
from the article:
A New Zealand scientist recently gave me an intriguing extract from an article published in a German magazine...
I never trust vague references like this.

Also the measurements in the last paragraph
The large drums: 1.517201563 metres long, 1.000721361 metres wide...
I mean it is a little too exact (to the nanometer scale). Let's get serious. I'm not saying it is impossible but it's not easy for a tibetan tourist to do this. And I understand the whole story is happening in 1939? Correct me if I misunderstood something...

"A little fishy"?!

I was amazed at the information contained in the story, and was surprised that the article had slipped through the suppression net which tends to keep such knowledge from leaking out to the public...

The fact that the films were immediately classified is not very hard to understand once the given measurements are transposed into their geometric equivalents. It then becomes evident that the monks in Tibet are fully conversant with the laws governing the structure of matter, which the scientists in the modern day western world are now frantically exploring...

The dumpster out back of the local Sushi Palace doesn't smell as fishy as this article!

1. Can objects really levitate?

Yes, objects can levitate under certain conditions. Levitation is the process of an object floating or rising in the air without any visible means of support. It is possible through the use of specialized equipment and techniques such as electromagnetism, acoustic levitation, and superconductors.

2. Is levitation just a trick or an illusion?

Levitation can be used as a trick or an illusion in performances, but the concept itself is real. Many scientific studies have been conducted on levitation and it has been proven to be a physical phenomenon rather than just a trick.

3. Can humans levitate too?

Unfortunately, humans do not possess the ability to levitate naturally. However, some people have claimed to have the ability to levitate through meditation and spiritual practices, but there is no scientific evidence to support this.

4. Is it possible for levitation to occur in everyday life?

In everyday life, levitation is not a common occurrence. It requires specific conditions and technologies to achieve levitation. However, small objects such as water droplets and insects can experience levitation through natural forces such as air currents and surface tension.

5. What are the practical applications of levitation?

Levitation has a variety of practical applications in different fields such as transportation, material handling, and medical technology. For example, levitating trains using magnetic levitation technology can travel at high speeds, improving transportation efficiency. In material handling, levitation can be used to move fragile or delicate objects without physical contact, reducing the risk of damage. In medical technology, acoustic levitation is used to manipulate and study tiny particles without contamination from physical contact.