.CNF files conversion, SPEDAC Pro

• Thread starter we are the robots
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary: Thank you.In summary, the person is looking for a conversion program to change files from Canberra's file format .cnf to another supported format. They found a program called WinSPEDACSetupRelease22.exe, but it requires the sad.dll file which is only included with the Canberra software Genie2K. They were able to successfully install the file and are now asking for the dll library. Everything is now ok.
we are the robots
I need to convert files in Canberra's file format .cnf to any other one supported
by Ortec's Maestro, or even better, to a simple channel-counts file.
I found this page:

www-naweb.iaea.org/napc/physics/PS/Softwares/Spedac.htm

It's supposed to be a graphical user interface for SPEDAC-Pro for DOS,
but I can't find this last one.

Does anyone know where can I get SPEDAC-Pro (or have it, if it's freeware),
or another conversion program, please?

Of course, any other freeware (or trial, with all the functions working) gamma spectroscopy software capable of opening them would be ok.

Obviously, I don't have Genie 2K for conversion, and SPECON doesn't do it.

Other output formats that would be ok are: rbs, chn, spc, spt, spm, as1, as2, ans, sen, snf, spe, ana, mpa, mcs.

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
we are the robots said:
www-naweb.iaea.org/napc/physics/PS/Softwares/Spedac.htm

It's supposed to be a graphical user interface for SPEDAC-Pro for DOS,
but I can't find this last one.
I found that page, and it has link to

WinSPEDACSetupRelease22.exe

Where is says "To download the program, click here." on the left side - here is the link. The one on the right is a link to the help file.

I was able to successully the installation file. I placed the cursor on the link, clicked the right mouse button, and selected "Save Target As".

There is not much if any information about SPEDAC-Pro abailable on the web. It seems to be an IAEA product, and you would have to contact the software group at that organization.

Astronuc, of course I downloaded WinSPEDAC, but it seemed it lacked the DOS executable files. Yesterday I found a separate folder containing those .exe files.
But now it asks for the sad.dll for conversion from .cnf to other formats.
Too sad, really, because I found that the dll library comes only with Canberra's Genie2K package. Bad. :(
Now I'm asking to Canberra if they PLEASE could send me that file...
Well, thank you anyway.

we are the robots said:
Astronuc, of course I downloaded WinSPEDAC, but it seemed it lacked the DOS executable files. Yesterday I found a separate folder containing those .exe files.
But now it asks for the sad.dll for conversion from .cnf to other formats.
Too sad, really, because I found that the dll library comes only with Canberra's Genie2K package. Bad. :(
Now I'm asking to Canberra if they PLEASE could send me that file...
Well, thank you anyway.
My apologies, I misunderstood your comment about the download. I thought you were have trouble with that.

It appears IAEA assumes the user has Genie2K. If its not avaiable from Canberra, then perhaps you could contact a user, such as one at a university or research institution. Of hand, I don't know any Genie2K users.

Thank you.
That's my approach now, contacting a Genie2k user...
I found a program which can read .cnf files, but it doesn't recognize the calibration nor real and elapsed times.
Anyway, I still need the sad.dll file, if someone has Genie2K and reads this...

I got it! :D
Everything ok now.

Related to .CNF files conversion, SPEDAC Pro

1. What is a .CNF file?

A .CNF file is a configuration file that contains settings and parameters for a specific software or program. It is used to customize the behavior and functionality of the software and is typically saved in a plain text format.

2. How do I convert a .CNF file?

The process of converting a .CNF file depends on the specific software or program it is associated with. In the case of SPEDAC Pro, the conversion process may involve opening the software, navigating to the File menu, and selecting the option to import or convert the .CNF file. It is important to refer to the software's documentation or contact their support team for specific instructions.

3. Can I edit a .CNF file?

Yes, .CNF files can be edited using a simple text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of the file's format and structure to avoid causing any errors or issues with the associated software.

4. What is SPEDAC Pro?

SPEDAC Pro is a software program used for the analysis and design of structures, particularly in the field of civil engineering. It is commonly used for tasks such as structural analysis, design, and detailing of buildings, bridges, and other structures.

5. Can I open a .CNF file without SPEDAC Pro?

No, .CNF files are specific to the software they are associated with and can only be opened and used by that particular program. If you do not have SPEDAC Pro installed, you will not be able to open or use a .CNF file.