CM: Gravitation and Force Center

In summary, the question is asking for the time it takes for a particle to reach a force center from a distance d, given the equation F=-mk^2/x^3 and the clue that energy is constant and equal to the potential energy at the initial position. The responder mentions that Newton's Second Law may be helpful, but they were able to figure out the answer on their own.
mushupork5
I can't seem to figure this one out.
A particle at rest is attracted to a center of force by the relation
F=-mk^2/x^3
what is the time it takes for the particle to get to the force center from a distance d in terms of d and k?

I can't seem to find any equations that will help me out on this one. Thanks PF

Physics news on Phys.org
I would like to point you towards Newtons second Law.

the clue i was given is that energy is constant and equal to the potential enrgy at the initial position

figured it out, thanks though

Related to CM: Gravitation and Force Center

1. What is CM: Gravitation and Force Center?

CM: Gravitation and Force Center is a concept in physics that describes the center of mass and how it relates to the force of gravity acting on an object. It is also known as the center of gravity or barycenter.

2. How is CM: Gravitation and Force Center calculated?

The CM: Gravitation and Force Center is calculated by taking into account the mass and distance of each object in a system. The center of mass is the point at which the mass is evenly distributed, while the center of gravity is the point where the force of gravity is balanced.

3. Why is CM: Gravitation and Force Center important?

The concept of CM: Gravitation and Force Center is important because it helps us understand the motion and behavior of objects in a system. It also allows us to predict how objects will move and interact with each other due to the force of gravity.

4. How does CM: Gravitation and Force Center relate to Newton's Laws of Motion?

CM: Gravitation and Force Center is closely related to Newton's Laws of Motion, particularly the law of universal gravitation. This law states that every object in the universe attracts every other object with a force that is directly proportional to their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

5. Can CM: Gravitation and Force Center be applied to objects in space?

Yes, CM: Gravitation and Force Center can be applied to objects in space. It is a fundamental concept in astrophysics and is used to describe the motion of planets, stars, and other celestial bodies in the universe.