I am leaving, thanks for the great experience

In summary: I guess... I mean, yeah... I guess so. I don't know. I just feel like I'm not going to be able to learn anything else if I'm still suck. In summary, Abigale has come to the conclusion that she sucks and it bothers her, she says goodbye to everyone and suggests that they keep their heads up. She also tells us that she is not really 17 and is really just a toddler. She says that she will miss us and leaves.
...You can't quit, i just added you to my buddy list! and who else am i going to bug to be on their signature? think of ME! lol. Nah Gale, you are the (wo)man! Hell, i suck but i replace suckiness with cynicism (and probably bad spelling). There is always a replacement for your problems...or a feel-good factor, take it out on someone you hate!

You are and funny, and you rule the general discussion forum! and frankly that's what i mainly go on, cos i only visit other forums to ask questions...(cant answer anything )

All in favour of Gale staying, be subscribed to this forum...well that is everyone then! You have to stay

Physics news on Phys.org
.. stumped .. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-034.gif [Broken] I have never heard anyone being talked into the clouds like that http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-035.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Lonewolf
I got two weeks left as a teenager. Will the voices stop talking to me after that?
No. Now they'll just start telling you how close to death you are.

well being a teenager aint so bad. I'm smart, popular, pretty... I've pretty much got it all... so, it aint SOOO terrible. But eh, i dunno...

And thanks artman... if i have nothing else... at least i can laugh because at one point... In a forum dedicated to physics and science and whatnot... The general discussion page read "I Quit... Masturbating" haha..

And actually Jimmy... first, hehe I'm on your buddylist... second i think another reason I'm sort of leaving is because i rule the general discussion forum... i don't make many constructive posts anymore... so eh, i kinda feel semi-guilty... but eh... thanks anyways... yall won't miss me too much I'm sure. And maybe once i straighten a few things out i'll be back... and maybe i'll get a new name... instead of Gale17 I'll be Abby16... actually i hate the look of that... but everyone's calling me abby now... heh, ah well.

Thanks everyone

OOOH... and zantra...

My sex thread days are so over! haha
:wink: :wink:

ok, I'm going to supress "evil" ideas like suck on what, and did you break up with your bf because of the masterbating thread, etc.
I'm just going to tell you at one point or another everybody realizes they might actually suck. Some admit it, some accept it, some learn to live with it. Others like me learn to enjoy it. Garfield style.

Originally posted by Sonty
I'm just going to tell you at one point or another everybody realizes they might actually suck. Some admit it, some accept it, some learn to live with it. Others like me learn to enjoy it. Garfield style.
I never did, the feeling sucks though, but how can someone be so self critical and come to such a conclusion?

.. stumped .. I have never heard anyone being talked into the clouds like that

Bah, if you were quitting I'm sure people would be just as upset. :wink:

Really? how heart-warming

Originally posted by Gale17
well being a teenager aint so bad. I'm smart, popular, pretty... I've pretty much got it all... so, it aint SOOO terrible. But eh, i dunno...

Half the time you're saying you suck, and the other half you're saying things like the above. Wouldn't the two more/less balance each other out? You can't suck and have it all at the same time, so assume the latter is the more prevalent attribute and don't worry about short moments of suck.

hahahaha... hmm it would seem that way eh descartes? i think that ultimately my sucking comes from my awesomeness... or something... if i didn't have such a freaking perfect life, i'd be way happier, but meh, i can't help that I'm lucky. But i do suck, and so, yeah..

Oh, and monique...

Your so awesome, your like one of the best people on the board. I don't know what i'd ever do if you left pf! your so smart monique, and fun! and... and... STUFF... woo STUFF... we love you monique :wink:
and lucky you... You don't suck! hooray~!

and... sonty, i suck stuff... heh... and uh, no my bf and i are fine... he knows about my masturbating... heh... and uh... i dunno... my sucking is ok sometimes, and i used to love it and think it was funny... but i guess i can only have people saying i suck so much before i kinda feel crummy about it. Actually, i guess I'm super duper insecure and so yeah... people saying i suck, sucks...

SO there you have it. People think i suck. So it upset me. And not cause of what they think so much, cause they've always thought the same stuff and it never bothered me before... but cause i thought, what if its true? and i decided, yep it is true... so i stopped denying my suckness, and tried changing, but that failed, so now I'm uh... i dunno... But meh. I'm not depressed about it... just unsure about what to do about it.

OOOH... and zantra...

My sex thread days are so over! haha
:wink: :wink:
Finally got enough, huh?

...i think that ultimately my sucking comes from my awesomeness... or something... if i didn't have such a freaking perfect life, i'd be way happier, but meh, i can't help that I'm lucky. But i do suck, and so, yeah..
I just don't understand your complaint. It seems you are an awesome sucker, and may have been born so, more than that I don’t understand.

and... and... STUFF... woo STUFF...
lol, I love being appreciated for.. well.. stuff :wink:

You should be! You do great... stuff! :smile:

ya like... your great and stuff... and the awsomest ever.

I wouldn't feel to bad about not contributing much to the "serious" forums. I'll bet over half my posts are in general disscussion.

Which means that I like... have bazillion posts... Awsome!

you do suck you said your smart, popular, and pretty yet you still go on complaining about **** no one cares about wtf is that *****. There are thousands of kids who can't afford to pay for cancer treatment and who can't afford to pay for food every year yet you still think that you reall do have something worthy of complaining about.

Last edited:
Originally posted by einsteinian77
you do suck you said your smart, popular, and pretty yet you still go on complaining about **** no one cares about wtf is that *****. There are thousands of kids who can't afford to pay for cancer treatment and who can't afford to pay for food every year yet you still think that you reall do have something worthy of complaining about.

She wants attention. That's all.

Originally posted by einsteinian77

yeah... that about sums it up. Like i said... its cause I'm so well off that i suck... and you said it perfectly. I have no right to be unhappy and to complain... so yeah... thanks

And yeah, i guess i like attention... maybe i shouldn't, that's why I'm leaving the boards for a bit.

I'm sorry I didn't mean anything towards you I just can't take people cry about things they can change. I really am sorry I just went over the edge a bit I guess I'm a bit crazy.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Monique
.. stumped .. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-034.gif [Broken] I have never heard anyone being talked into the clouds like that [PLAIN]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-035.gif [Broken] [Broken]

[PLAIN]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-035.gif [Broken] [Broken]...cool smilie! I didn't know we could even do that!

Like I said, Monique does great stuff. :smile:

Originally posted by Hurkyl
Like I said, Monique does great stuff. :smile:
Ah! Proof! Some more of the stuff I do :wink: :

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Fool/hb.gif [Broken] http://www.click-smilies.de/schnellauswahl/smilie_flags_kl.gif [Broken]

Flowers!

just unsure about what to do about it.

I'm in a kind of different position. Everybody tells me how good I am in whatever I do and how they admire me for this and that. I realize though they have absolutely no idea how I manage to do the things I do. They are either just saying stuff, or simply don't see what is actually happening with me. There are a lot of situations in which I know how I should behave, and when they actually happen I react in a totally different way and it's usually in an at least socially distructive way. For example I noticed I'm fixing everybody's love life around me, but I can't manage my own. I can "feel" the theory but not the experiment.
In my country we have a saying: if two people say you're drunk, go to sleep. I say if you're drunk life is different than everyone else's so enjoy it. it probably will go away with time. and you may feel sorry you didn't ride the wave.

Monique, you can get that self critical if you're a perfectionist. You realize you're just a poor human being, made to be imperfect, but you can't help trying. It's a desease and some of us have it. And it only hits at a certain age. It probably hit me when I was about six playing a card game with my grandfather. I don't know how it's called in english, but it's a game where you have 4 cards on the table and 6 in your hand and in turn you can grab as many cards from the table if you have cards that sum up to the ones you're taking. So it was a math game my grandfather was playing with me to teach me basic maths and I was strugling to get very good at it as to beat him without him letting me win, which he alwais did. And I got so pissed off about it. And started playing against myself, trying to beat myself. And it went on from there.

Monique, you can get that self critical if you're a perfectionist.
Well, believe me: I am a perfectionist and completely opposite from my sister who doesn't care about things. Being a perfectionist doesn't mean you have to be self critical. I look at a thing and think: "whoa, that's good, but I can improve it and then it would look even better!"

Well, believe me: I am a perfectionist and completely opposite from my sister who doesn't care about things. Being a perfectionist doesn't mean you have to be self critical. I look at a thing and think: "whoa, that's good, but I can improve it and then it would look even better!"

Yeah, I agree with Monique. Being self-critical is more focusing on and dwelling on your own shortcomings. While perfectionism is all around "..this isn't good enough yet.." It is often with rigorous rejection of his or her work. The difference is basically that being self-critical is an analyzation of how you can be better and perfectionalism is their work has to be just right by obsession.

Just to sum up Guns N' Roses style, why let one bad apple spoil the whole damn bunch? So you think you suck at physics? so? a lot of people here do and that's why we (yes, i count as a lot of people...what an ego!) are on here, to learn and I am quite amazed that i do. This place is great because you arent judged and people are willing to answer the most INANE questions lol.

On another note, MONIQUE THAT IS SO COOL!...actually, where's the union jack? that has now delved into the realms of anti-cool cos there is no union jack...which brings me to another point Gale, you can't please everyone, but when it is yourself, you can get a more positive response from people. We wouldn't be trying to convince you to stay if we didnt like you!

it doesn't matter what age you are, I'm a 5 year old child protege with tentacles instead of arms (VERY hard to type) and i have been posing as an 18 year old but no-one is going to think different of me...except about the tentacles. :smile:

Last edited:
personally i give that speech and 8.6

Originally posted by jimmy p
On another note, MONIQUE THAT IS SO COOL!...actually, where's the union jack? that has now delved into the realms of anti-cool cos there is no union jack...which brings me to another point Gale, you can't please everyone, but when it is yourself, you can get a more positive response from people. We wouldn't be trying to convince you to stay if we didnt like you!:smile:
You were looking for the union jack? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/travesmilies/flaggen1/smilie_flagge3.gif [Broken]

Originally posted by Jeebus
Yeah, I agree with Monique. Being self-critical is more focusing on and dwelling on your own shortcomings. While perfectionism is all around "..this isn't good enough yet.." It is often with rigorous rejection of his or her work. The difference is basically that being self-critical is an analyzation of how you can be better and perfectionalism is their work has to be just right by obsession.

Know thyself. Knowing the world starts with knowing yourself, right? Shouldn't it be the same with perfecting the world? I think an obsession starts when you think maybe the circle is not round enough or something. But how can you not feel bad when you're not satisfied with yourself? If you have any trace of egocentrism in you you will. You can "survive" other things not being "perfect", but yourself?

But how can you not feel bad when you're not satisfied with yourself? If you have any trace of egocentrism in you you will. You can "survive" other things not being "perfect", but yourself?
Its shows to me an unbalanced situation, which is pulled out of proportion. I mean, egocentrism is not really healthy and a rather asocial behaviour.

Does something perfect exist? In real life not really. It is all about balancing things, you work until your feeling of satisfaction reaches a certain level. A perfectionist sets a bar higher than the average person and will work longer on a certain project and pay more attention to details.

I once new a person whose perception of life was based on perfectionalism, which is where I get my statement from: egocentrism is not really healthy and a rather asocial behaviour.

I tried convincing the person of the extend of perfectionalism and the harm it was doing, which only led to a lot of hoopla where the point had to be proven to me, that perfectionalism is in fact the best thing in the world and that it leads to a perfect life.

Well, I didn't have to prove anything for myself, the observation was clear enough.

You were looking for the union jack? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/travesmilies/flaggen1/smilie_flagge3.gif [Broken]

These smilies are just...wicked http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/teufel/devil-smiley-009.gif [Broken]

...btw, just watch the smilie for a while.

those smileys are cool, i want them.

lookie lookie, at this moment, i am one post away from 100!

Does something perfect exist? In real life not really. It is all about balancing things, you work until your feeling of satisfaction reaches a certain level. A perfectionist sets a bar higher than the average person and will work longer on a certain project and pay more attention to details.

maybe trying to find the "perfect" balance?
what if the project in question is "ME"?

I once new a person whose perception of life was based on perfectionalism, which is where I get my statement from: egocentrism is not really healthy and a rather asocial behaviour.

I tried convincing the person of the extend of perfectionalism and the harm it was doing, which only led to a lot of hoopla where the point had to be proven to me, that perfectionalism is in fact the best thing in the world and that it leads to a perfect life.

Well of course it doesn't lead to a perfect life. It doesn't even lead to a happy life. At least not under "normal" standards.
Ignorance is bliss...