Citation for a knot theory statement

In summary, a citation for a knot theory statement is a reference to a specific source where the information can be found. It is important to provide a citation to give credit and ensure accuracy. The specific format for a citation depends on the style guide being used. It is not recommended to use citations from Wikipedia for academic or scientific purposes. Even for well-known facts, it is best to provide a citation to give credit and indicate which source was used.
BillKet
Hello! Where can I find the source for this statement (i.e. a citation for it, ideally the original one): "any smooth k-sphere embedded in ##R^n## with 2n − 3k − 3 > 0 is unknotted". Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought knottedness ( of spheres) is a codimension-2 phenomenon.

Your impression is to some extent borne out by the second and third sentences of the paper by Zeeman, linked in post #2.

Likes WWGD

Related to Citation for a knot theory statement

1. What is a citation for a knot theory statement?

A citation for a knot theory statement is a reference to the original source where the statement was made. This could be a book, journal article, or other publication.

2. Why is it important to include a citation for a knot theory statement?

Including a citation for a knot theory statement is important because it gives credit to the original author and allows others to easily locate and verify the information. It also helps to avoid plagiarism and maintain academic integrity.

3. How do I format a citation for a knot theory statement?

The format of a citation for a knot theory statement may vary depending on the citation style being used. Generally, it should include the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and page number. It is important to follow the specific guidelines of the chosen citation style.

4. Can I use a citation generator for a knot theory statement?

Yes, there are many citation generators available online that can help you create a properly formatted citation for a knot theory statement. However, it is important to double check the generated citation for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.

5. What if I cannot find a citation for a specific knot theory statement?

If you are unable to find a citation for a specific knot theory statement, you can try searching for related sources or contacting the author for more information. If all else fails, you can cite the information as "personal communication" and include the author's name and date of communication.