Circular motion x, y acceleration

In summary: If you can't or won't provide the information needed to answer the question, then it's not really a question, is it?
aruji73
Can you tell me if my answers and sign are correct ?

A car is traveling around a horizontal circular track with radius r = 250.0 m at a constant speed v = 18.0 m/s as shown. The angle θA = 19.0° above the x axis, and the angle θB = 60.0° below the x axis.

What is the x component of the car’s acceleration when it is at point B = 0.527

What is the y component of the car’s acceleration when it is at point B = 1.1859

As the car passes point B, the y component of its acceleration is-increasing

Attachments

• CarOnCurve2.png
    CarOnCurve2.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 658
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
Well you left off the units ... that's marks lost right there.
How did you come by those numbers?

Note: it is possible to get the right answer despite misunderstanding the problem... but if you understand the problem, you'll probably also be confident with your answer. s there some special reason you are concerned about your answers?

I am concerned if my signs are right

Well you left off the units ...
How did you come by those numbers?

i.e. at any point in the circle, describe in words the direction of the car's acceleration.

Can you tell me if my answers and sign are correct ?

A car is traveling around a horizontal circular track with radius r = 250.0 m at a constant speed v = 18.0 m/s as shown. The angle θA = 19.0° above the x axis, and the angle θB = 60.0° below the x axis.

What is the x component of the car’s acceleration when it is at point B = 1.296*cos60
What is the y component of the car’s acceleration when it is at point B = 1.296*sin60

are both the magnitudes going to have a positive value ?

Which direction does the acceleration vector point in circular motion at constant speed?
Draw the acceleration vector arrow on your diagram.

When you have done that, you will know if your signs are correct.

You have still not provided units.
You have still not said how you got those numbers: where did 1.296 come from?
I'm not doing this just to be pedantic or make your life difficult! What I am trying to do is direct your attention to where the answer to your question lies. The idea is that, next time, you won't have to ask.

Related to Circular motion x, y acceleration

What is circular motion?

Circular motion is a type of motion in which an object moves along a circular path. This motion is characterized by a constant distance from a fixed point, called the center, and a constant speed along the path.

What is the difference between x and y acceleration in circular motion?

In circular motion, the x acceleration is the acceleration in the horizontal direction, while the y acceleration is the acceleration in the vertical direction. This means that the x acceleration affects the speed of the object along the circular path, while the y acceleration affects the height of the object above the center.

How is acceleration calculated in circular motion?

The acceleration in circular motion can be calculated using the formula a = v^2/r, where a is the acceleration, v is the velocity, and r is the radius of the circular path. This means that the acceleration is directly proportional to the square of the velocity and inversely proportional to the radius.

What is centripetal acceleration?

Centripetal acceleration is the acceleration that points towards the center of the circular path. It is responsible for keeping an object moving in a circular path and is equal to v^2/r, where v is the velocity and r is the radius.

How does the direction of acceleration change in circular motion?

In circular motion, the direction of acceleration is constantly changing as the object moves along the circular path. The acceleration always points towards the center of the circle, but its direction may vary in the x and y directions depending on the position of the object along the path.