Circular mass, finding multiple variables

In summary, a 4.0 N and 3.0 N force acting simultaneously on a circular mass of .25 kg results in a net force (resultant) of 5N. The acceleration of the mass is 20m/s^2, if the original forces were perpendicular.
vaironl
A 4.0 N and 3.0 N force act simultaneously on a circular mass of .25 kg, initially at rest floating in space.

a) Find the net force acting on the mass (magnitude and direction)

I found the netforce (Resultant) = 5N

b) Find the acceleration of the mass, magnitude and direction.
The acceleration is 20m/s^2 am I right?

Physics news on Phys.org
vaironl said:
A 4.0 N and 3.0 N force act simultaneously on a circular mass of .25 kg, initially at rest floating in space.

a) Find the net force acting on the mass (magnitude and direction)

I found the netforce (Resultant) = 5N

b) Find the acceleration of the mass, magnitude and direction.
The acceleration is 20m/s^2 am I right?

if the two original forces were perpendicular, then yes :wink:

Related to Circular mass, finding multiple variables

1. How do I calculate the circular mass of an object?

To calculate the circular mass of an object, you would need to know its radius and angular velocity. The formula to use is M = (r * w^2) / G, where M is the circular mass, r is the radius, w is the angular velocity, and G is the gravitational constant.

2. What is the significance of finding multiple variables in circular mass calculation?

Finding multiple variables in circular mass calculation allows you to have a more accurate measurement of the object's mass. This is because different variables, such as radius and angular velocity, affect the circular mass differently. By finding multiple variables, you can have a more complete understanding of the object's mass.

3. How do I find the radius of an object for circular mass calculation?

The radius of an object can be measured using a ruler or tape measure. You can also calculate the radius by dividing the circumference of the object by 2π. If the object is not a perfect circle, you can take multiple measurements and find an average.

4. Can I calculate the circular mass of a non-circular object?

No, the circular mass formula is specifically for objects that have a circular shape. If the object is irregularly shaped, you will need to use a different formula or method to calculate its mass.

5. What are some real-world applications of circular mass calculation?

Circular mass calculation has various applications in the fields of engineering, physics, and astronomy. It can be used to determine the mass of planets, stars, and other celestial bodies. It is also used in designing structures such as bridges and buildings to ensure they can withstand circular forces.