Circuit that i'm going to use as a bike alarm

In summary, the conversation discusses using a circuit as a bike alarm and the need for a tilt switch. The person suggests using a mercury switch as an alternative and provides a link for a possible switch option.
Gughanath
I have a circuit that I am going to use as a bike alarm. The problem is that I will need a tilt switch which acts like a push-to-break switch :confused: ...is it possible to get a switch like that? :rolleyes: ...or are there any alternatives?please reply...

Computer science news on Phys.org
I bet you could use a mercury switch, it would be more of a movement alarm. Most of the ones that i have seen are just a small glass tube with mercury inside, and there are 4 contacts two near the middle, on opposing sides and one at each end. So you could wire it either as a tilt-to-close or tilt-to-open switch. (there is only enough mercury in the tube to connect two contacts at a time)

I think you want a ON-(off) switch. It is the 3rd on down on this site: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/switch.htm

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible to get a tilt switch that acts like a push-to-break switch. These types of switches are commonly used in bike alarms and can be found at most electronics stores or online retailers. However, if you are having trouble finding one, there are also alternative options such as using a mercury switch or a vibration sensor. These can also be effective in detecting movement and triggering the alarm. I would recommend doing some research and comparing the different options to find the best fit for your circuit. Hope this helps!

Related to Circuit that i'm going to use as a bike alarm

1. How does the bike alarm circuit work?

The bike alarm circuit works by using a combination of sensors and electronic components to detect any movement or tampering of the bike. When triggered, it will emit a loud sound or activate a light to alert the owner of potential theft or disturbance.

2. What sensors are used in the bike alarm circuit?

The most commonly used sensors in a bike alarm circuit are motion sensors, tilt sensors, and vibration sensors. These sensors are able to detect any movement or change in position of the bike, which could indicate that someone is attempting to steal or tamper with it.

3. Can the bike alarm circuit be customized for different types of bikes?

Yes, the bike alarm circuit can be customized to fit different types of bikes. The sensors and components used may vary depending on the size and structure of the bike, but the basic functionality of the circuit remains the same.

4. Is the bike alarm circuit waterproof?

It depends on the materials and components used in the circuit. Some bike alarm circuits may be waterproof, while others may not be. It is important to check the specifications of the specific circuit being used to determine its water resistance capabilities.

5. How is the bike alarm circuit powered?

The bike alarm circuit can be powered by a battery or by the bike's own power source, such as the dynamo hub or battery pack. It is important to ensure that the power source is sufficient to run the circuit and that it is easily accessible for maintenance or replacement.