Circuit schematics for standard parts

In summary: There is also a "Design Package" which is a collection of projects that you can work on together. One project is to create a simple counter.However, if you want to learn about schematic diagrams for the most common discrete components, you're going to have to look elsewhere.
EmperorXYZ
Circuit schematics for "standard" parts

Hi, I graduated from computer engineering, but I want to learn more about circuits. I did get the chance to play with Quartus 2 in some of my courses and I was wondering if there is a place where I can learn about the circuit schematics for the most popular parts in a circuit drawing. For examples, this all started when I wanted to see how a simple USB hub is drawn and found an article about how to build one, but it wanted me to order the TUSB2046 part from Texas Instrument. I googled that part and the drawing still gave me some "black boxes". Maybe those boxes are standard parts which every experienced electrical engineer understand, but I don't.

I wonder if there is a place where I can learn about those basic boxes and every drawing is reduced to resistors, transistors, capacitors, inductors, voltage source, etc... Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

Perhaps if you linked to the diagram you didn't understand then someone maybe able to explain the diagram to you in a away that would make sense.

Also a usb hub is pretty complex for its size so you will probably struggle to find a diagram that is reduced right down to basic discrete components. In fact in a sort of counter intuitive manner the diagrams made up of discrete components can often be harder to understand as it gets to a stage where you can't grasp every single action of the circuit that is happening simultaneously.

Well, it's not one circuit in particular, but what kind of part are popular in general. I've seen in my courses adders, multiplexers, counters, ALUs, etc... I assume those are used fairly often aren't they? Are there other parts like that which are found in other devices often because they are useful. Those parts doesn't have to be simple like those I named above, but used often.

My Quartus II 11.0 Web Edition came with some things, for example the ability to generate modules for arithmetic and processors. You can activate this functionality with the "Megafunction Wizard", which my be accessed via the tools menu.

Related to Circuit schematics for standard parts

What is a circuit schematic?

A circuit schematic is a graphical representation of an electronic circuit. It shows the connections between the various components in the circuit and their arrangement.

What are standard parts in a circuit schematic?

Standard parts refer to commonly used electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, and integrated circuits. They are widely available and have well-defined characteristics and specifications.

How are standard parts represented in a circuit schematic?

In a circuit schematic, standard parts are represented by standardized symbols. These symbols provide a universal way to identify and understand the various components in the circuit.

Why are circuit schematics important?

Circuit schematics are important as they provide a visual representation of a circuit, making it easier for engineers and technicians to understand and analyze the circuit. They are also essential for troubleshooting and designing new circuits.

Where can I find circuit schematics for standard parts?

Circuit schematics for standard parts can be found in electronic component datasheets, textbooks, and online resources. Many manufacturers also provide schematics for their standard parts on their websites.