Circuit Analysis via Laplace Transforms :yuck:

In summary, The speaker is struggling with understanding the topics of LaPlace Transform analysis and basic digital logic in their circuit analysis class. They have searched for online resources but have not found anything helpful. The class textbook is also not providing much assistance. The speaker's classmates are also struggling and no one seems to understand the material. They are hoping to find better resources through a Google search.
Kevin2341
Hi there, I have my final in my circuit analysis class tomorrow morning(at a community college, it feels like two semesters worth of content was covered in 18 weeks). Last week, the teacher went over LaPlace Transform analysis rather quickly, and then onto basic digital logic. I do not understand either topic, digital logic is a little more simple to understand.

does anyone have any online reading or good tutorial videos on this? I looked on youtube for it, but I didn't see any very helpful videos, they just started from the beginning and didn't give any context of where this stuff was coming from. My book is EXTREMELY vague. Absolutely no examples at all. My teacher did half of an example in class, and no one in my class understands what the heck is going on. I learned Laplace transforms in my differential equations class, and I understood it. But this stuff that we are asked to do now looks like poorly written Japanese in a Russian grammatical structure that is spoken with a heavy African accent to me.

(here is the fun part, as far as I know, not a single soul in my class understands it, as I talked with a good majority of them today, and no one knows what the hell to do!)

Physics news on Phys.org
Try google, you're sure to find oodles. :smile:

NascentOxygen said:
Try google, you're sure to find oodles. :smile:

Well I tried that lol. I have sifted through class presentation after class presentation with not much to my benefit

Related to Circuit Analysis via Laplace Transforms :yuck:

What is a Laplace Transform?

A Laplace Transform is a mathematical tool used to analyze circuits and systems in the time domain. It transforms a function of time into a function of complex frequency, making it easier to solve differential equations and analyze the behavior of a system.

Why is Laplace Transform used in circuit analysis?

Laplace Transform is used in circuit analysis because it simplifies the process of solving differential equations, which are commonly used to describe the behavior of circuits and systems. It also allows for the analysis of a system's response to different inputs, such as step or impulse functions.

What is the difference between Laplace Transform and Fourier Transform?

Laplace Transform and Fourier Transform are both mathematical tools used in signal processing and circuit analysis. The main difference is that Laplace Transform is used to analyze signals and systems in the time domain, while Fourier Transform is used to analyze signals in the frequency domain.

How is Laplace Transform applied in circuit analysis?

Laplace Transform is applied in circuit analysis by converting the circuit equations into a set of algebraic equations in the complex frequency domain. These equations can then be solved to determine the behavior of the circuit in the time domain.

What are the advantages of using Laplace Transform in circuit analysis?

Using Laplace Transform in circuit analysis has several advantages, including simplifying the process of solving differential equations, allowing for the analysis of a system's response to different inputs, and providing a more intuitive representation of circuit behavior in the complex frequency domain.