Circuit Analysis: Best Books on Mesh, Nodal, Superposition & Thevenin/Norton

In summary, There are several good options for books on circuit analysis, such as Engineering Circuit Analysis by Hayt, Kemmerly, and Durbin, which provides videos for problem-solving, and Linear Circuits by Scott, which has a lot of practice problems with answers included.
jesuslovesu
Can anyone recommend a good book on circuit analysis, right now focusing on mesh, nodal, superposition, thevenin/norton? The book I'm using (hayt et al) doesn't give enough examples nor problems at the end of the chapter. I took a look at schaum's outline but it seems to rarely use dependent and independent current/voltage sources which is what I struggle with the most.

Engineering news on Phys.org
For just starting out I really liked Irwins book.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0471407402/?tag=pfamazon01-20

What was especially nice is when you buy it, you can get a link to his website where he has videos of him solving problems. This is especially nice if your professor is well, not-so-good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering Circuit Analysis (Hayt, Kemmerly, Durbin)

I found the https://www.amazon.com/dp/007286611X/?tag=pfamazon01-20 above to be very useful. I have used it in two online EE classes (no instructor) and found I could follow it easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linear Circuits by Scott has a shedload of problems in it... and answers too...

Dunno if it's still in print though. My copy is 35 years old...

Related to Circuit Analysis: Best Books on Mesh, Nodal, Superposition & Thevenin/Norton

1. What is circuit analysis?

Circuit analysis is the process of studying and understanding the behavior of electrical circuits. This involves applying mathematical concepts and principles to determine the voltage, current, and power in a circuit.

2. What are the basic techniques used in circuit analysis?

The basic techniques used in circuit analysis include mesh analysis, nodal analysis, superposition, and Thevenin/Norton equivalents. These techniques help simplify complex circuits and make it easier to calculate the desired parameters.

3. What is mesh analysis?

Mesh analysis is a method of circuit analysis that uses Kirchhoff's voltage law to analyze the voltage and current in a circuit. It involves creating independent loops in the circuit and applying the voltage law to each loop to solve for the unknown parameters.

4. What is nodal analysis?

Nodal analysis is a method of circuit analysis that uses Kirchhoff's current law to analyze the voltage and current in a circuit. It involves creating nodes at the junctions of components in the circuit and applying the current law to each node to solve for the unknown parameters.

5. Why are Thevenin and Norton equivalents important in circuit analysis?

Thevenin and Norton equivalents are important in circuit analysis because they allow us to simplify complex circuits into simpler equivalent circuits. This makes it easier to analyze and understand the behavior of the circuit, and also helps in designing and troubleshooting electrical systems.