Nicholas Berg murdered by Americans?

• News
  • Thread starter The_Professional
  • Start date
In summary, this article tries to prove that the beheading video was staged by the CIA or somebody in the military. However, there are some questions that still need to be answered. For example, why is there blood but we don't see it? Also, why is the tape edited? And lastly, why was Berg dressed in a prison uniform?
Rashad said:
Russ, maybe that's what I'm getting at. And Robert Zaleski, I'm afraid I don't know enough to make such an opinion.
[incredulity] What do you mean you don't know enough? There have been thousands of terrorist acts comitted by people calling themselves Muslims in the past 20 years. The vast majority of which (including the ones discussed in this thread) are perpetrated by people who later claim responsibility for them and claim their religion justifies the acts. Haven't you heard of any of them?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
studentx said:
Sneakers are for sale all around the globe, so are sweatshirts and pants. Not all muslims are arabs, there are plenty of caucasians. It seems all terrorists have to do today, is put on some sneakers
Yes, but sneakers, sweatshirts and sweatpants are "western" articles of clothing, and generally anti-american terrorists don't dress in western garb.

wasteofo2 said:
Yes, but sneakers, sweatshirts and sweatpants are "western" articles of clothing, and generally anti-american terrorists don't dress in western garb.

Uhhh, I'm going to call you on this one. Maybe you can support it with some sort of factual evidence. Similar clothing is worn by many arabic men that I know.

Please excuse my ignorance, Russ. I'm afraid I haven't been alive for the past 20 years, I will take your word for there being thousands of Muslim terrorists attacks in this time period. I do find the explanation of Muslim terrorists senseful, after your response, but my post was to address a few questions about the circumstances.

wasteofo2 said:

Anti american terrorists use american computers, american weapons, eat american food, watch american movies, shoot videos with american cameras, drive american cars and speak american.
Also guerillas have no rules of war and dress how they want. Theyre often light packed and urban clothed in whatever they can move fastest and is available, which could be sneakers, sweatpants and sweatshirts. Probably not traditional arab clothing

Last edited:
Rashad said:
Please excuse my ignorance, Russ. I'm afraid I haven't been alive for the past 20 years, I will take your word for there being thousands of Muslim terrorists attacks in this time period. I do find the explanation of Muslim terrorists senseful, after your response, but my post was to address a few questions about the circumstances.
Hamas alone has comitted hundreds of individual acts of terrorism and virtually every one is followed (or even preceded) by a statement from the organization. For example, on the front page of their website today: [URL [Broken] commando retaliation attack targeting Zionist settlers near Zeita
[/URL]
Tulkarm - The Qassam Brigades (Hamas military wing) and the Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (Fatah military wing) have declared joint responsibility for attack on a car loaded with Zionist criminal settlers near the Zeita village in the Tulkarm district.
AKA CIVILIANS.

Terrorists even fight over who did what: http://www.metimes.com/2K4/issue2004-5/reg/hamas_makes_rival.htm
The Palestinian Islamic movement, Hamas, became Friday the second radical Palestinian group to claim responsibility for a suicide bus bombing in Jerusalem that left 10 people dead as well as the attacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to get into a running debate on this but I am going
to provide these impressions for others ---

Al-Zarqawi: The Egyptians (and the US) have done voiceprints and have
concluded the voice on the tape was Zarqawi's (despite the claims of
accents, that Zarqawi is dead, or was on vacation in Iran) –

Politics: 12 May 2004, Wednesday.

Egyptian experts have verified the voice on the tape, showing the beheading of a US civilian, as that of Osama bin Laden's closest associate Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, AFP reported.

The American civilian Nick Berg was beheaded in a grisly video posted on an al-Qaeda-linked Web site. The tape shocked the world. His body was found last Saturday near a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday, the day when he was decapitated.

Berg, who disappeared April 9, was shown in the video on a Web site bearing the title "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American.”

http://www.novinite.com/newsletter/print.php?id=34594 [Broken]

The Chair: I have one of those chairs in my backyard.

The Jump Suit: ?

Anyway - the comments about the orange jump suit gives you an idea of the sorts who are talking ---. It's the *Put a tin hat on your head so the government can't control your mind crowd.* There are also *theories* on the internet that Berg, a Jewish Republican, was a member of al Queda himself. Those implicate the government yet contradict these - which appear intended to do the same ---- go figure.

Last edited by a moderator: