CHEM 1412 Prep: Refresh Your 1411 Knowledge for Success

• Thread starter Shackleford
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chem
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of reviewing for CHEM 1412 (General Inorganic Chemistry 2) after having completed CHEM 1411 two years prior. The main suggestion is to re-read the chapters covered in CHEM 1411, but it is mentioned that the person does not have the textbook. Other suggestions include checking the school's library for a copy of the book and using old exam reviews. Additionally, a link to online lecture notes is provided as a potential resource for review.
Shackleford
It's been two years since I finished CHEM 1411, and I'm taking CHEM 1412 (General Inorganic Chemistry 2) this summer. What should I review specifically from 1411 to be adequately refreshed? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just go re-read the chapters it covered. You do keep your old textbooks, right?

Asphodel said:
Just go re-read the chapters it covered. You do keep your old textbooks, right?

I'm at a different school. I only keep my math and science textbooks.

Chemistry is a science, and the book was good enough for the topic the first time around. Where does the problem lie, again?

Asphodel said:
Chemistry is a science, and the book was good enough for the topic the first time around. Where does the problem lie, again?

Sorry. I forgot to say I don't have the 1411 book!

Bummer. Have you checked whether your new school's library has a copy of your old book or the one used at the new school? (If you haven't noticed, I haven't taken inorganic chem to know what a topic list should look like, just curious about some of the more obvious review options you hadn't mentioned trying.)

Asphodel said:
Bummer. Have you checked whether your new school's library has a copy of your old book or the one used at the new school? (If you haven't noticed, I haven't taken inorganic chem to know what a topic list should look like, just curious about some of the more obvious review options you hadn't mentioned trying.)

Well, I do have my old exam reviews. I looked at two of them a few days ago, but there definitely were some fuzzy areas. Some things came back to mind as I was skimming through them. Obviously, I should finish looking at the exam reviews. The point of this thread was to find things specifically that are used quite a bit in 1412. Man, it's been awhile. lol.

Here's something else that might help if you can't turn up any books:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Chemistry/5-04Fall-2004/LectureNotes/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to CHEM 1412 Prep: Refresh Your 1411 Knowledge for Success

1. What is the purpose of CHEM 1412 Prep?

The purpose of CHEM 1412 Prep is to refresh your knowledge from CHEM 1411 in order to succeed in CHEM 1412. It covers key topics and concepts from the previous course that are necessary for understanding more advanced material in CHEM 1412.

2. Who should take CHEM 1412 Prep?

CHEM 1412 Prep is designed for students who have completed CHEM 1411 and are planning to take CHEM 1412. It is particularly helpful for students who may have struggled in CHEM 1411 or have been out of practice with chemistry for a while.

3. How can CHEM 1412 Prep help me succeed in CHEM 1412?

CHEM 1412 Prep provides a review of key concepts and problem-solving strategies from CHEM 1411, which will help you better understand and apply the material in CHEM 1412. It also allows you to identify any gaps in your knowledge and address them before starting the more advanced course.

4. Is CHEM 1412 Prep a replacement for CHEM 1411?

No, CHEM 1412 Prep is not a replacement for CHEM 1411. It is meant to supplement your knowledge from CHEM 1411 and prepare you for CHEM 1412. It is highly recommended that you complete CHEM 1411 before taking CHEM 1412 Prep.

5. How should I use CHEM 1412 Prep to study?

You can use CHEM 1412 Prep as a self-study tool or in conjunction with your CHEM 1412 course. It is recommended to review the material in CHEM 1412 Prep before starting CHEM 1412 and refer back to it as needed throughout the course. You can also use it to practice problems and check your understanding of key concepts.