Is Coffee the Secret to Studying Success?

In summary, people generally have different reactions to coffee. Some people become hyper and energized, while others have a mellow response. Coca-Cola is a better alternative for some people because it has sugar and caffeine.

One cup of coffee during study

• will increases alertness

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • will decrease concentration

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
OH! MY! GOD! you've figured me out have you, not for long... *connecting to server...*

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Monique
Forget foreignword! I just tried out a sentence and it gave the WORST dutch-english translation EVER! (it is good for other purposes though, word translation for instance).

If you are really interested, go to Wordlingo.com http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html they did a fine job
Wordlingo definitely worked better than foreignword, but I still can't get a proper English xlation for the word 'hou'. HELP? Also, where might I find help with correct pronunciation?

Originally posted by Tsunami
Wordlingo definitely worked better than foreignword, but I still can't get a proper English xlation for the word 'hou'. HELP? Also, where might I find help with correct pronunciation?
Come to think of it, that IS a strange word I have no clue of the origin, but it translates into 'like'. If you say: 'ik hou van jou', it means 'I love you'

Hou can also be used for food, to inquire if someone likes to eat a particular food in general or certain activities. Basically you are asking someone about their rooted emotions, so to speak, not transient things.

Ah! I thought of a translation!

it translates into being FOND of something

no help on the pronounciation, besides coming over for a visit :wink:

Come to think of it, that IS a strange word I have no clue of the origin, but it translates into 'like'. If you say: 'ik hou van jou', it means 'I love you'

Hou can also be used for food, to inquire if someone likes to eat a particular food in general or certain activities. Basically you are asking someone about their rooted emotions, so to speak, not transient things.
That's what I was thinking it might mean. :wink:

... besides coming over for a visit :wink:
Working on that.

besides coming over for a visit :wink:
\

Now you went and did it. Only a few hours after your post, Tsunami looked at me and said: "Gee honey, wouldn't you like to go to Amsterdam again soon?" , , !

And she is right, isn't she?

Experience teaches me that if Tsumani wants to go, she'll go with or without me. I can also see that I don't dare let her go alone...not with your influence around.

So we will be staying at your place for a few weeks; Okay?

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
So we will be staying at your place for a few weeks; Okay?
I wish I had my own place..

I wish I had my own place..

:frown:

Eventually...

Of course I was just kidding. Tsunami gets pretty wild at times. I don't mind paying for hotel room furniture and such, but personal items are sometimes difficult to replace.

Tsunami gets pretty wild at times. I don't mind paying for hotel room furniture and such, but personal items are sometimes difficult to replace.
lol, wait until she reads this.. YOUR personal belongings are safely bolted down, right?

:frown:

Eventually...

Of course I was just kidding. Tsunami gets pretty wild at times. I don't mind paying for hotel room furniture and such, but personal items are sometimes difficult to replace.