Changing the background color in browsers

• Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color
In summary, The conversation discusses different options for changing the background color in browsers, specifically for Google Chrome. Some suggestions include using a Chrome extension called High Contrast or simply adjusting the screen brightness. The conversation concludes with a link to the High Contrast extension for Chrome.
EngWiPy
Hi, Is there anyway of changing the background color in browsers? I use google chrome, and the white background is so bright for my eyes. I feel more comfortable with darker colors. Has anyone done that before? I know there are add-ons, but not sure which one is the safest and the most effective. Thanks in advance

Computer science news on Phys.org
There is a Chrome extension that will allow this.

You could always just turn down the brightness of your screen. That's what I do.

I'm currently outside on my deck in the dark. I have my screen brightness set to 50%.

There is almost certainly a key combination right on your keyboard that controls brightness. Mine is Function+left arrow.

I use a plug in called High Contrast. Here is a screen shot of this thread.
slask.png

Attachments

• slask.png
    slask.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 731
anorlunda said:
I use a plug in called High Contrast. Here is a screen shot of this thread.
View attachment 234268

Is this available in chrome? I searched the extensions, and I couldn't find it.

DaveC426913 said:

You could always just turn down the brightness of your screen. That's what I do.

I will try this. Thanks

Related to Changing the background color in browsers

1. How do I change the background color in my browser?

To change the background color in your browser, you can use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) code. You can specify the background color by using the "background-color" property and setting it to a specific color, color name, or hexadecimal value. This code can be added to the <style> tag in your HTML document or in a separate CSS file.

2. Can I change the background color of a specific webpage or site?

Yes, you can change the background color of a specific webpage or site by targeting the specific element or class in your CSS code. For example, if you want to change the background color of a specific <div> on your webpage, you can use the CSS selector div#mydiv {background-color: blue;}. This will change the background color of the <div> with the ID "mydiv" to blue.

3. How do I make the background color change when I hover over a link or button?

You can use CSS to change the background color of an element when it is hovered over. This is done by using the :hover pseudo-class in your CSS code. For example, if you want to change the background color of a link when it is hovered over, you can use the CSS code a:hover {background-color: yellow;}. This will change the background color of the link to yellow when it is hovered over.

4. Can I use images or patterns as a background instead of a solid color?

Yes, you can use images or patterns as a background in your browser. This can be done by using the background-image property in your CSS code. You can specify the image or pattern by using a URL or by using the url() function. You can also add other properties like background-repeat and background-size to control how the image or pattern is displayed.

5. How can I change the background color on my mobile device?

The process for changing the background color on a mobile device will depend on the specific device and browser you are using. In general, you can use the same CSS code as you would for changing the background color on a desktop browser. However, you may need to use media queries to ensure that the background color is displayed correctly on different screen sizes. It is recommended to test your webpage on different devices to ensure the background color appears as desired.