Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Change the date format

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
I've been trying to change the date format to dd-mm-yyyy for a while now, but can't seem to figure it out. Could someone please help?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I've been trying to change the date format to dd-mm-yyyy for a while now, but can't seem to figure it out. Could someone please help?
You should convert to the convention yyyy-mm-dd that way it is easier to sort by date (!!)

(No I don't know if vB will/does support it)

CB

Alexmahone

Jan 26, 2012
You should convert to the convention yyyy-mm-dd that way it is easier to sort by date (!!)
Why would it be easier that way? (I agree that either of these is better than the awkward American format.)

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I believe this can only be changed, at the moment, at an entire forum level. Other admins: do we want to change the date format? If so, to what?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
Why would it be easier that way? (I agree that either of these is better than the awkward American format.)
Because if day 1 preceeds day 2 then date1<date2. either numerically or lexigraphically.

Note leading zeros are never dropped, this is the ISO 8601 standard

CB

Last edited: