Alternative Energy Sources

In summary: Alternative energy sources like wind and solar are not going to be able to meet the demand of the future. Coal is the main source of power in the US, and it is polluting. The United States has refused to take this matter seriously and continues its consumption, and the amount needed in the future will only rise. There are alternative power sources such as wind, solar, hydro. These simply aren't going to meet the demands of the future although will supliment nicely. Even if the US decided to fully try and solve this problem, we don't have the technology to accomplish the goal. There are ideas such as cold fusion, nuclear, and many others.
Think about it. If one apple can run the country for an entire hour - why is the energy from an apple doesn't keep a human very energized at all?

We're such poor extractors of energy. Off of maybe 5 dollars of apples we could live our entire lives.

Computer science news on Phys.org
who stated that you can run the country for one hour on one apple?

Originally posted by sheldon
who stated that you can run the country for one hour on one apple?

Science.

Science.
You come back with a bleak an vague statement that does nothing to inform the public.

Here is a better expalination. SOme one took the mass of an average apple and put it into this equation.
E=mc(squared)
They then did the math on how long it would take for the energy of the apple to be used up.

Now, it is entirely impossible to use all the energy of an apple. There will always be leftovers and wasted energy.
So there you have it. THe explanation for the ignarant and the special people.

Originally posted by avemt1

So there you have it. THe explanation for the ignarant and the special people.

That was necessary to say

That was necessary to say

Hey man, don't sweat it. In a way, everyone is ignorant until they learn. The kid touching the stove is ignorant until he does it. I was ignorant about thermal generators until you turned me on to them.

Ahh, but if none of that comforts, at least you can gain a lil bit of pleasure from know that you can spell ignorant.

And for the record, I've read a good bit about Tesla since our last encounter, and it does seem like he's figured out exactly what your talking about. A trip to his museum where ever he's from would be cool.

Seems something similar to an rc-car radio control should do the trick, but I'm not real sure right now.

LA, an apple? Come on.

I won't sweat my own ignorance Ignorance is bliss

Last edited: