Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Challenge sub forum in each forum

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
I think the challenges forum is getting too nasty with very different varieties of problems.Wouldn't it be better to include a challenge sub forum in each forum?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
For now, no. If it ever gets to a point where there are many new challenge threads each day, say 20-25 or more then it might make sense to divide them up even more but for now that would over-complicate things.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Opinions may vary of course, but I feel it would be extremely redundant to have a Challenges sub-forum in each sub-forum. Why do you think it is getting nasty? I see it as a collection of problems, all related by the theme of being posted as challenges. To me, it makes perfect sense as we currently have it set up.

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
It makes all other forums just homework help forums and the challenge forum as one very big forum.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
It makes all other forums just homework help forums and the challenge forum as one very big forum.
Absolutely not. You cannot say that any problem posted is a homework problem. Many here develop their own ideas and might get stuck at a point and need help. Actually , seeking help does not mean you are in a lower position than other members but it it means you are trying to develop your skills as much as you can.

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Seeking help isn't the case that you are wanting homework help. I always ask one or two advanced type question on MMF because its possible that someone out there knows what is the answer but I do not. Actually, I post 2-3 question at the NT section ever week because I know CRGreathouse is far far genius than me and knows pretty much 98.5% number theoretical heuristics and results.

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Absolutely not. You cannot say that any problem posted is a homework problem. Many here develop their own ideas and might get stuck at a point and need help. Actually , seeking help does not mean you are in a lower position than other members but it it means you are trying to develop your skills as much as you can.
Not to mention actually solving a real life problem.